Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need info on luftwaffe frog

Article about: Hello all, i was wondering if someone could help me out a little and give me some information on the maker. JÖHANN FROHLICH WIEN XV 1938. Like where were they based out of in time of product

Default Need info on luftwaffe frog

Hello all, i was wondering if someone could help me out a little and give me some information on the maker. JOHANN FRÖHLICH WIEN XV 1938. Like where were they based out of in time of production or really any info would be great. Another question, Pressnitz is written in pin on the back of this frog. Does anyone know the luftwaffes involvement in Pressnitz, Austria in ww2

Derek Hall

Need info on luftwaffe frogNeed info on luftwaffe frogNeed info on luftwaffe frog
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need info on luftwaffe frog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need info on luftwaffe frog
    P
    Many

A quick search shows the firm located in Vienna made other leather goods for the Wehrmacht including Model 11 ammo pouches. NH

Thanks Neil that is very appreciated. Another question, Pressnitz is written in pin on the back of this frog. Does anyone know the luftwaffes involvement in Pressnitz, Austria in ww2

This is not a Luftwaffe frog...

this is a police frog

How can you tell. I thought brown frogs were Luftwaffe issued

Quote by WW2GermanDealer View Post
    How can you tell. I thought brown frogs were Luftwaffe issued
    The Luftwaffe frogs are generally more of a chocolate (darker) brown colored tint - noting that there are variations such as unfinished leather and black depending on the maker and time period. They also have typically have an L.B.A. marking (Luftwaffe Bekleidungsamt), and with no tie strap don't usually have the full length center line stitching (the one pictured has a tie strap). Best Regards, Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images Need info on luftwaffe frog 

Yes... the smooth or skin side of the leather is outwards and the colour is police brown...

the hole in the front of the frog bears the trades of a S24(t) (Vz.24) or a M95oe (Mannlicher 95) scabbard.

Good observation . Yes, the squared off lower end of the opening for the frog stud does appear that it could have been made by a S24(t) / (Vz.24) or a M95 (Mannlicher) scabbard. Best Regards, Fred