Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New Collector - My First Bayonet - Comments Please - Good or Bad

Article about: Dear All I am new to this hobby of Bayonet collecting and this is the first of what I hope to be many. Any advice or comments - Good or Bad about my first purchase would be greatly appreciat

Hello and welcome to the forum , I know very little about bayonets as they are not my area I'm afraid but I do know about WOLSEY'S , I am one of them!!! Are you another one of the "rare" clan of correctly spelt WOLSEY household? I am Leon Wolsey by the way( and yes I am related to the Cardinal of the same name) Leon.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Collector - My First Bayonet - Comments Please - Good or Bad
    P
    Many

?

Dear Zwerge
    I have had a quick look but was unsure how to relate it to my bayonet.......

Should the numbers be listed on there then?

Regards
    Wolsey

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum , I know very little about bayonets as they are not my area I'm afraid but I do know about WOLSEY'S , I am one of them!!! Are you another one of the "rare" clan of correctly spelt WOLSEY household? I am Leon Wolsey by the way( and yes I am related to the Cardinal of the same name) Leon.
    Name dropper!.....

?

Dear Leon

I am not one of the Wolsey Clan, I just remember the Wolsey Gate in Ipswich from my early childhood so I often use it as a user name.
    But none the less I am pleased to meet you.

Kind regards
    Wolsey

A great first bayonet! It should be placed in the scabbard so that the button on the end of the bayonet grip and the stud on the scabbard are both on the sane side. A really nice matching early bayonet!

?

Quote by Wolsey View Post
    Dear Zwerge
    I have had a quick look but was unsure how to relate it to my bayonet.......

Should the numbers be listed on there then?

Regards
    Wolsey
    If you send pictures to the site they will publish them,as you can see there is only one of that marking on there now.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Thank you Zwerge

I will take some further picture and post them over to the site as you suggest.

?

Dear Panzersaurus

Thank you for that information as i do not wish to damage it, I assume that you mean like in the pictures posted with the matching numbers on the blade and scabbard together on the same side.

Regards
    Wolsey

Quote by Wolsey View Post
    Dear Leon

I am not one of the Wolsey Clan, I just remember the Wolsey Gate in Ipswich from my early childhood so I often use it as a user name.
    But none the less I am pleased to meet you.

Kind regards
    Wolsey
    Pleased to meet you too , you have chosen a fine user name! Leon.

Real nice early WKC appears matching as stated should be a date on the spine of it. Very good condition s84/98 should be a couple of Waa marks on pommel upper end may be the early "Droop Wing" or could be later "Straight wing waa. Good find timothy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast