MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New guy with bayonet questions

Article about: The last is a 84/98 2 or 3 model and the second is a KS98 privat buyed.

Default New guy with bayonet questions

Hello,
    New guy here with very little knowledge of German militaria. I have read numerous threads on this forum over the past week and suspect that I have a good idea of what these items are but I'm not sure and I'd like to know for certain. These items came in a box with a group of other knives that I bought from this period to new.

Any information would be greatly appreciated regarding model, time period used, and of course it's always nice to know the value.

Thank you very much,
    Rob

New guy with bayonet questionsNew guy with bayonet questionsNew guy with bayonet questionsNew guy with bayonet questionsNew guy with bayonet questionsNew guy with bayonet questions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New guy with bayonet questions
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New guy with bayonet questions

Hello
    the first one, german dress bayonet for fireman
    do you have a picture of the other side (stamp) of the second bayonet ?
    cordially
    Didier

Hello, thank you. There are no stamps at all on the first bayonet and the "WKC" stamp shown on the second is the only stamp that I see on it.

Rob

Hello Rob,
    The one in the top photo is a fireman's dress bayonet and the second is a typical military dress bayonet. The last one would be a typical combat bayonet with wood grips. All three appear to be in good condition.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you very much for the information Sirs.

Any estimate on value? I don't plan to sell but it's always nice to know if you got a good deal on the buys or not.

Best,
    Rob

?

sorry
    I would say the third one....
    Didier

Hi Didier,,if I may throw some flowers your way.......,,To Joe Friday,,,Here is a link to an awesome compilation of stampings used on bayonets. Didier.."aka" Bichon is our top guy in the numbers racket.....stampings and Ordnance numbers,,, I mean Regards Larry

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-codes-233978/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you very much Larry

Bichon, the only marks found on the third bayonet are shown above.

Rob

Quote by JoeFriday View Post
    Thank you very much Larry

Bichon, the only marks found on the third bayonet are shown above.

Rob
    The bayonet apparently has no maker or other markings, other than a military style serial number and letter prefix. Which could possibly help narrow down the list of who the maker might have been. With what was also of interest being the scabbard. Which seems to have a small "lip" or overhang in the area of the mouthpiece. And no screw on the side that is visible in the images - with the type/style of frog stud an unknown. Regards, FP

Hello,

the first one isn´t a bayonet. It is a firemen knife, correctly called Faschinenmesser. Maker is Weyersberg, Kirschbaum und Co. Solingen (WKC). Fine condition, matching parts. These Faschinenmesser were not only for dress... also for service (look at the firemens orders since 1934).

The second is a Seitengewehr 84/98 (III Model made since 1927), made in the middle of the second world war. It shows a typical serial number, so it is made for a contact of the Waffenamt. On the other sinde you finde a code, considers out of 3 letters and a year.

The scabbard don´t match this bayonet... this is a scabbard of the S84/98 n.A. out of the First world war.

Regards

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast