Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Numbers Matching K98 Bayonet

Article about: I purchased this a while ago off of Craigslist. It is a numbers matching #8050, 41 ASW. Seems in very nice condition. I feel I got it for a very good price also, not a steal because I do not

I have been looking at different sites selling frogs and see many, apparently to me, different style frogs. Would someone post a picture of a proper frog for this bayonet.

Thanks,

William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Numbers Matching K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Sorry, but i do not like this bayonet. First, it is not a matching set because it is missing letter suffix under the serialnumber on the bayonet blade. The digit also looks a little strange! Be carefull!

Best Regards
    agv44
    Last edited by agv44; 03-25-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Quote by agv44 View Post
    Sorry, but i do not like this bayonet. First, it is not a matching set because it is missing the prefix under the serialnumber on the bayonet blade. The digit also looks a little strange! Be carefull!

Best Regards
    agv44
    Can anyone confirm this?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi William..your photos are perfect..and shows all necessary details of what a K98 Bayo should exhibit. Rock On
    Nothing wrong with this bayo. Regards Larry

Hi Larry,

What do you think of AGV44's concern about the bayonet serial number? I never noticed it. I do not know that much about stampings. Can you shed any light on this issue?

William

Just an observation but when you look closely at the serial number on the bayonet it looks like there has been another number underneath it thats been scrubbed and then the current serial number added over it? Might just be the way the pic appears on this laptop screen and in reality it's fine, though the lack of letter suffix along with the possibility of the number being restamped would make me a bit suspicious? Andy B is probably a good person to ask if it's a good one or not?

?

Seems like a lot of work for a "Bayo"... I might believe this rubbish if it were a "Top End $$$ " Dagger of some sort... Just my two cents... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Just an observation but when you look closely at the serial number on the bayonet it looks like there has been another number underneath it thats been scrubbed and then the current serial number added over it? Might just be the way the pic appears on this laptop screen and in reality it's fine, though the lack of letter suffix along with the possibility of the number being restamped would make me a bit suspicious? Andy B is probably a good person to ask if it's a good one or not?

If it has been restamped wouldn't there be a letter suffix from the previous serial number? Why would someone re-stamp a bayo and not re-stamp a letter suffix. I am just asking, I don't know. Do all K98 have letter suffix's?

Thanks to all who are responding. I love these exchanges.

William

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Who is Andy B? How do we get him to weigh in on this matter?

After blowing up and taken closer look see what some concerns are a case for Sleepwalker,Andy B and Frogprince. timothy

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    If it has been restamped wouldn't there be a letter suffix from the previous serial number? Why would someone re-stamp a bayo and not re-stamp a letter suffix. I am just asking, I don't know. Do all K98 have letter suffix's?

Thanks to all who are responding. I love these exchanges.

William
    No, not all had a letter suffix. The numbers started at 0001 and would go upto 9999, then they would start again at 0001a upto 9999a, then 0001b to 9999b and so on thru' the alphabet until they started again the next year.

Here's a good site to look at if you are interested in 84/98 bayonets K98 Bayonet Registery...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast