Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Numbers Matching K98 Bayonet

Article about: I purchased this a while ago off of Craigslist. It is a numbers matching #8050, 41 ASW. Seems in very nice condition. I feel I got it for a very good price also, not a steal because I do not

?

What do you do for Easter in Norway? It is really mixed here in the USA. Some do nothing special as the day means nothing. Others, like myself will meet early Sunday morning at daybreak to sing, pray, and thank Jesus for all He has done for us. It is the greatest day of the year.

William

During the easter in Norway many people drive up to their cabins in the Mountains and playing in the snow. Worshiping the nature is the most common religion in Norway these days. Well maybe it always have been this way, but is a good way to praise the life.

I use the holiday to Stock up winterwood for next winter! :-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Numbers Matching K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

would like to add that it looks like all the asw matching bayos on k98 bayonets data and registry seem to have been stamped with different dies between the scabbard and the blade. could the ghost marks be marks left from the die (stamp) edge.
    could the prefex letter be a "o" did such a prefex exist.
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    would like to add that it looks like all the asw matching bayos on k98 bayonets data and registry seem to have been stamped with different dies between the scabbard and the blade. could the ghost marks be marks left from the die (stamp) edge.
    Rod
    Thanks Rod, The ghost marks look like the bottom edges of the 8050 number. It looks to me like the stamp came down very lightly first and then stamped again heavier. I have a little experience with metal working and machining. The ghost marks are not the edges of the die although I know what you mean.

William

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    William, It's still uncertain at this moment in time and "in hand" is what I would be looking at myself, and maybe an internal parts check under the grips which I do NOT recommend to those who don't have the skills set or proper tools. Best Regards, Fred
    I tried taking off the handles. One screw came apart easily, the second had the nut just turn. Since I have no tool to hold the slotted nut tight while I turn the screw head I stopped. With both screw heads a lot of dirt and grime worked its way out as I turned them. These screws have not been off for a while unless somebody filled in the heads purposely with dirt.

Wish I could ship you the bayo but cost would not be worth it I don't think. We are talking about a $100 item, not several $1,000.

William

Quote by agv44 View Post
    What do you do for Easter in Norway? It is really mixed here in the USA. Some do nothing special as the day means nothing. Others, like myself will meet early Sunday morning at daybreak to sing, pray, and thank Jesus for all He has done for us. It is the greatest day of the year.

William

During the easter in Norway many people drive up to their cabins in the Mountains and playing in the snow. Worshiping the nature is the most common religion in Norway these days. Well maybe it always have been this way, but is a good way to praise the life.

I use the holiday to Stock up winterwood for next winter! :-)
    You heat with wood? I am so grateful the USA has a cheap and abundant amount of natural gas for heating.

Rod
    I looked at the K98 bayonets data & registry again and quite a few of the asw bayo's seem to have hand stamped numbers also. Many are not straight across but up & down as if stamped individually.

Rod
    There are no examples of asw bayo's in the link that have the suffix "o" but there are very few bayos listed for asw 1941.

MAP
    ?

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    That's right. I visit Ukraine every year in April. Some years I have celebrated Easter here one Sunday and Easter in Ukraine the next Sunday. I see where it is not until May 1 this year. Is it May 1st for you?
    Yes, May 1st. My family actually celebrate both!! raised a Baptist but half Greek LoL.

orthodox churches follow a lunar calendar while catholic / Protestant follow a solar calendar. Thus orthodox Easter will ALWAYS follow Passover. Or so I've been told...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    There are no examples of asw bayo's in the link that have the suffix "o" but there are very few bayos listed for asw 1941.
    I couldn't see any numbers with a suffix "o" for any makers on that site to compare yours with, that's why I ask if such suffix existed.
    I to work with metals every day if a number has been erased they've made a great job of it.
    lets see what more knowledgeable people come up with.
    best of luck
    Rod

I couldn't see any numbers with a suffix "o" for any makers on that site to compare yours with, that's why I ask if such suffix existed.
    I to work with metals every day if a number has been erased they've made a great job of it.
    lets see what more knowledgeable people come up with.
    best of luck
    Rod
    I couldn't agree more with your assessment "if a number has been erased they've made a great job of it." I do not believe these numbers have been altered, I think it is a poor stamping example even leaving out the suffix because there is a suffix "o" on the scabbard.

Thanks,

William

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast