Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Oiling k98 bayonets.

Article about: Hopefully this is the correct place to ask, anyway.. I'm just wondering what Oil you guys use to keep your Bayonets from rusting? I recently purchased 2 k98 bayonets which both of them have

?

Default Oiling k98 bayonets.

Hopefully this is the correct place to ask, anyway..

I'm just wondering what Oil you guys use to keep your Bayonets from rusting?
    I recently purchased 2 k98 bayonets which both of them have a little bit of rusting on the blades. And i for one don't want it to rust even more.

Note: They stay in my cupboard(with their Scabbards and frog's on)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oiling k98 bayonets.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Oiling k98 bayonets.

G-96 and Ballisol are 2 good choices,but I've always liked the Hoppes line of oils and cleaners. The Hoppes Elite is about the best I can think of-it actually conditions the metal as well as warding off rust. If you're in the US,you can usually find them in most sporting goods shops. William

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    G-96 and Ballisol are 2 good choices,but I've always liked the Hoppes line of oils and cleaners. The Hoppes Elite is about the best I can think of-it actually conditions the metal as well as warding off rust. If you're in the US,you can usually find them in most sporting goods shops. William

Sadly im not in the US but i might order "Hoppes Elite" Online.

Now with applying the Oil. How should i go about doing this?
    Spray a decent amount on the blade then place it back in the scabbard?

Usually,I just apply a small amount to a soft cloth and rub the piece down until it's totally covered-I imagine a spray application would be similar. All you're looking to do is to put a Thin coating on all the exposed metals. Be sure,though,to clean off any crud and dirt prior to applying,of course. Wipe any excess oil off. Good luck! William