Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinions on parade bayonet Tropical?

Article about: Need some help with this bayonet, is it a tropical or DAK, the frog looks ok to me, but I can't tell on the sheath if it is rusted or original paint. thanks

Default opinions on parade bayonet Tropical?

Need some help with this bayonet, is it a tropical or DAK, the frog looks ok to me, but I can't tell on the sheath if it is rusted or original paint.

thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images opinions on parade bayonet Tropical?  opinions on parade bayonet Tropical?  opinions on parade bayonet Tropical? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on parade bayonet Tropical?
    P
    Many

?

Default re: opinions on parade bayonet Tropical?

There are 2 versions of dress k98k bayonets long and short. That is the short version.
    Also thats not the right scabbard for that model.They normally have a scabbard that is painted a glossy black.

If you look up near the top of the sheath it looks dark in color, maybe black? But were the DAK scabbords supposed to be black or did they match the frog in color is what I'm wondering.?

?

Sorry to say but your sidearm scabbard is rusty - dress sidearms were just that "Dress" and they did not see combat - scabbards were black there were no variations for DAK etc.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

More than likely an original black scabbard that has been horribly neglected ergo the rusty exterior. Please post a photo of the scabbard without the frog. Regards Thomas

Quote by StuG III View Post
    More than likely an original black scabbard that has been horribly neglected ergo the rusty exterior. Please post a photo of the scabbard without the frog. Regards Thomas
    I agree, looks rusty, it isn't in my possession and those are the only pics I have. Do you think this is a mismatch of parts. Could the frog be original to the rest of the parts?

?

Yes, a mismatch - dress sidearms were normally worn with either a black frog for Heer or a brown frog for LW - The tropical frog was used for the 98K combat Bayo more than likely.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Ditto to what Horst said. Have never seen anything other than leather frogs on dress sidearms. Regards Thomas

thanks guys

Hello,

yes this is a Tropenseitenegwehrtasche and belongs not to any kind of dress bayonet. For a dress bayonet you need a Extra-Seitengewehrtasche (special model walking out frog).

The germans don´t use a 98k Bayonet... ths model was the S84/98. But in this frog also were issued other models the German used in the Africa campaign... for example the S139(p), S24(t) ... and they all fix the Karabiner 98k too....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast