Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Oppinions on etched k98 bayonet.

Article about: Hello what do you guys think abouth this Bayonet? Best Regards Tobias.

Default Oppinions on etched k98 bayonet.

Hello what do you guys think abouth this Bayonet?Oppinions on etched k98 bayonet.Oppinions on etched k98 bayonet.Oppinions on etched k98 bayonet.Oppinions on etched k98 bayonet.

Best Regards Tobias.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oppinions on etched k98 bayonet.
    P
    Many

The scabbard is incorrect - it belongs to a S84/98 issue bayonet. I won't comment on the etching as I know nothing about the subject.

Thank you Richie! for information!

Regards Tobias

1934 dated Wehrmacht service/issue scabbard. The postwar etching a more recent addition IMO maybe from CZ, or perhaps somewhere else. Best Regards, Fred

It looks odd the etching looks in better condition than the rest of the blade. I agree with Fred on recent application.
    John

?

Same opinion, the etch is correct for Klaas, anyway it looks too crisp and new. scabbard is S84/98 in worser codition.b.r.Andy

Just saw this thread today, so a week late. But agree with all comments. It is a copy of a Klass remembrance etching, but the quality is not as good as a real Klass etching. Most noticeable is the poorly defined lettering in the remembrance motto, also the swirling end crosses lack fineness of definition. It would fool a novice collector and highlights the dangers of etched type. Get advice before you buy.

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Just saw this thread today, so a week late. But agree with all comments. It is a copy of a Klass remembrance etching, but the quality is not as good as a real Klass etching. Most noticeable is the poorly defined lettering in the remembrance motto, also the swirling end crosses lack fineness of definition. It would fool a novice collector and highlights the dangers of etched type. Get advice before you buy.
    a small correction my friend.

ITS KLAAS not KLASS

Ger

I dont know why numerous people spell this name incorrect, but fact is they do LOL

Blame it on dyslexia, all those "A"s and "S"ss, Klaass got it.

?

R U ssjuur?