Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?

Article about: Hello, I´ve found this Bayonett online, and i wonder about its originality. I tried to research the stampings of the pre-war ones but i´m still unsure what the f next to the serial number st

Default Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?

Hello,
    I´ve found this Bayonett online, and i wonder about its originality. I tried to research the stampings of the pre-war ones but i´m still unsure what the f next to the serial number stands for.
    I´ve used this k98 bayonets data and registry database, but there is only one example of a Dürkopp bayo made in 1938 with an b stamp, and i´m not sure what that means either. Does each letter represent an production run where all number combinations where used?

Regards,
    A.

Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original DÜRKOPP Bayonett?
    P
    Many

Any opinions?

?

The letter f indicates which batch that bayonet came from. .e.g. ####a, ####b,####c Each bacth starting the number sequence over again.
    The sequence would have started earlier with the lower number range. e.g. ###a,###,b. Until reaching the 4 digit range.

Here is another site that shows your Mfg.
    84-98 MAkers marks

It is matching ,but your blade has been scrubbed clean.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 09-01-2019 at 02:50 AM.

Authentic but as Phil points out someone has given it a steel wool scrub. No trace of bluing on the blade at all. Personally, I would look for one in better condition.

Hallo. Yes original, matching numbers but heavily worn.

The decryption of the number is not too difficult. The letter is a block number. One block always goes from 0000 to 9999. f is the fourth letter, ie 40000 to 49999. Yours has the Serialnumber 41128 from 1938 of this maker out of the order of the Waffenamt.

?

Offcourse a overcleaned bayonet with rust remains, the blueing of blade was fully removed by cleaning, Durkopp 38 is well known producer and year. WaA547 should be on pommel and other parts. b.r.Andy
    f is not 4 letter, its a 6 letter and the first range was wout letter so in reality 61128.

DÜRKOPP which seems to have completed its bayonet making operation circa 1940, was an interesting company that was more of a 'heavy' industry than many makers. Known for light anti-aircraft guns (Flak) and some industrial type equipment for the Wehrmacht using two different letter codes. Best Regards, Fred