Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Please help Identify this Bayonet

Article about: I know it's WW2 and German. That's about it Any help in id'ing it would be great. Thanks!

Default Please help Identify this Bayonet

I know it's WW2 and German. That's about it Any help in id'ing it would be great. Thanks!

Please help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this BayonetPlease help Identify this Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help Identify this Bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Please help Identify this Bayonet

You have a early military issue bayonet for armed forces known as Seitengewher 84/98 frog goes to the bayonet and is commonly known as "mounted type" how it got that name I don't know someone will come along that knows the early "S" codes as to the maker off hand I can't think who yours is. Nice piece and complete looks like it has some blade sharpening this is not all that uncommon Gi's like to try to sharpen them not to say German didn't even though I have read it was forbidden. S244 is listed in George Wheeler's Seitengewher book but doesn't show maker. timothy

?

S/244G is Mundlos,made in 1935.....k98 bayonets data and registry
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hallo,

yes a Seitengewehr 84/98, Maker S/244 = Mundlos, G = 1935

This frog type was introduced in 1939 for the complete Heer (Army).
    The airforce haven´t introduced this type for all unites... and other authoritys don´t do that, too.

Yes it was forbidden to sharp the blade, because a bayonet is a thrusting and not a cut and thrust weapon. But a bayonet were most time used as a tool or an application knife.

Regards

Thanks to the three of you for this wealth of information. Very educational!