Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Police K98 Bayonets

Article about: It's AWS (not asw) and depending on the time frame, there were changes with the Coppel logo. With at least three or four that come immediately to mind. As for the bayonet you have - I would

Default Re: Police K98 Bayonets

It's AWS (not asw) and depending on the time frame, there were changes with the Coppel logo. With at least three or four that come immediately to mind. As for the bayonet you have - I would look to the frog stud on the scabbard to see if it has some small horizontal lines or not. Regards, FP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police K98 Bayonets
    P
    Many

Yes there are. Two at top and two at bottom.

Scabbard by TIWO / Heidleberg / 1941

The scabbards were not marked, and I'm assuming that "TIWO / Heidleberg / 1941" is the marking seen on the back of the bayonet's belt frog? Not a marking that immediately comes to mind as associated with German Police belt frogs/leather gear - but that is without taking a look into the matter. FP

Sorry, but I had to bring this thread back to life. I have a Paul weyersburg & Co Solingen Police k98 bayonet. However I am wondering, it the eagle you guys mentioned look like this? Police K98 Bayonets

?

The ricasso is 3row stamp of P.Weyersberg &Co ,Solingen? , the area of stamp is not typical same as the form of eagle, it looks like a flying eagle. best regards,Andy

Seitengewehre 84/98 of the police from ACS/WKC have no serial number. Examples of P. Weyersberg bears serial number.

?

An ACS bayonet with serial no.....k98 bayonets data and registry
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

This ACS has no serial number from the factory... this is a registration number of the police administration and added later. I have also one... often you can find this numbers on the crossguard. But this are not numbers of the factory.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police K98 Bayonets   Police K98 Bayonets  

Only the maker P. Weyersberg uses factory serial numbers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police K98 Bayonets   Police K98 Bayonets  

Early P. Weyersberg examples have the police-eagle acceptance stamp on the blade or the spine of the blade. These are rare. The most have the eagle in the muzzle rest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2