Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

question to manufacturers cooperation 98/05 bayonet

Article about: Hello, I would like to ask a question for the weekend ;-) This is new information for me concerning the 98/05 bayonets. I think the manufacturer and co-manufacturer of this bayonet is well m

?

Default question to manufacturers cooperation 98/05 bayonet

Hello,

I would like to ask a question for the weekend ;-) This is new information for me concerning the 98/05 bayonets. I think the manufacturer and co-manufacturer of this bayonet is well mapped, but recently I found at one source the information stated that there was also one co-producer that I did not know. It was a company:

Hilger und Sohne - Remscheid

It produced joinery, plumbing tools and drills. Their house in Remscheid is now a museum of instruments.

This company was supposed to produce bayonets in cooperation with two producers. L.O. Dietrich and the Royal Armory of Erfurt.

The manufacturer logo across time should be in several copies:

1) Flower (tulip) in dotted oval and in the south pole letter H

2) "HILGER" seated on a beam, all in a circle

3) Monogram H S under a five-pointed star

4) "TEUTONIC" pierced longitudinally with an arrow

5) Monogram W B in inverted pentagon (Walter brdr.)

I would like to ask you if you have any references in your literature to this cooperation or to display the described logos of this manufacturer. I want to contact the museum in the future, but I need enough documentation. Alternatively, if you have any of the above mentioned coworkers on your bayonets that would point to this cooperation.

Thank you all who help me or support me in cracking perhaps the last (penultimate - next question will come again in some time ;-)) dark place between manufacturers and their collaborators.

Thank you and I wish you a quiet upcoming weekendquestion to manufacturers cooperation 98/05 bayonetquestion to manufacturers cooperation 98/05 bayonetquestion to manufacturers cooperation 98/05 bayonetquestion to manufacturers cooperation 98/05 bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement question to manufacturers cooperation 98/05 bayonet
    P
    Many

Looks like the beginning of a great thread
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Looks like the beginning of a great thread
    I agree.
    I just checked mine and none of them are by the makers listed above.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

This this will be a good one. I have a list of my bayonets but not the maker. Hmmm I'll have to pull my 98/05 out to look. Like I need a reason to play with them again!!
    But I'm thinking the only ERFURT I have is my Kar98a rifle,
    Probably be tomorrow

I like the Commission 88 rifle Bayonet stand. I don't think I tried that combo before , But I will tomorrow!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

It's not just bayonets. Erfurt can also be seen on some cavalry swords like the Prussian Kavalleriedegen 89 made by Hörster. Best Regards, Fred

What you say is I believe correct, though not widely reported in books on German bayonets. Hilger & Sohne were probably a fairly low volume co-producer. Co-operating with L.O.Dietrich and Erfurt on the S98/05 nA where the bayonets are double marked. But I haven't to date seen a photo of one of these bayonets. Probably very hard to find, unless you have one?

?

unfortunately I do not own any such or have a photo. that's why I turn to the local collectors. I hope the thread will be visited by someone who has a picture of this cooperation. thank you for your opinions andersen, AZPhill, frogprince, LaryC and Chopperman

?

Well I checked and Mine and it is an E&F Horster.
    Click to enlarge.
    I also had to try it on my Commission 88 . Didn't like it. To much play/bounce

You're welcome and maybe someone will chime in with one of those markings

Semper Fi
    Phil

Dok
    ?

I have been dealing with the topic "bayonet 98/05 butcher" for a long time. I never heard or saw bayonets marked Hilger und Sohne. It simply could be the desire to manufacturers cooperation firm that was never realized in life.
    In my collection there is such a cooperation of Erfurt

Dok
    ?

Still there is such

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast