Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Questions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbard

Article about: HI all, I purchased this from a collector who said it was dug in poland, I enjoy dug items and believe this looks to be a digging find, Im not sure what all the markings mean if anyone can h

Default Questions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbard

HI all, I purchased this from a collector who said it was dug in poland, I enjoy dug items and believe this looks to be a digging find, Im not sure what all the markings mean if anyone can help, the blade cannot be matched with the scabbard because it is to worn, I can almost see a trace of a letter or number when looking through a magnifier, a letter M maybe not sure, the scabbard is well marked, 9328 C on one side and 44agv on the other. I cannot remove the handles to look for more clues because of the corrosion. any help would be appreciated. thank you very much Questions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbardAttachment 371029Questions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbardQuestions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbardQuestions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbardQuestions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbard
    P
    Many

Default Re: Questions and opinions needed for my first K98 bayo and scabbard

agv is the makers code for Berg & Co.

44 is 1944 the date of manufacture.

9328 c is the individual serial number of the bayonet - original scabbard would have had the same markings.