Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!

Article about: by donkihotis7 Hello FP. So you think price is high for the condition of the bayo? Where I am on the West Coast of the U.S. it would not find too many willing to pay that kind of price for a

Default regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!

Hello guys, this set IMO looks 100% original. But i would be glad to hear what you have to say. There are some experts out there noticing even the finest detail, which i could never notice my self
    Especially the rivets and stuff
    The frog is salty but for 140 euros (for the set) i think it is ok.
    Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!   regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!  

regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!   regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!  

regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!   regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!

The Blade is in very good condition, though i find the ammount you payed for it a bit much but still a great buy :-)

Hello Berthier. Thanks for your input. I have found cheaper examples from Us members but the shipping cost was much more and the import taxes are now almost 30% here so the total would be more. That's why i have chosen to get this from Germany. Still haven't sent funds though. I wanted to hear the experts first

Certain bayonets where i come from are just thrown at you. At the local hunting store you can buy a Mosin-Nagant for $NZD450 and get a Spike bayonet and sheath included. The same goes for SMLEs with Sword Bayonets. Then again, German bayonets ARE more popular for collectors.

Of course. All German collectibles are much more expensive. Recently i bought a US navy jumper with donald duck style hat. I got it for $30 + $30 shipping. If it was Kriegsmarine the price would be more than $1000

Usually the stitching on the backs of the frogs is a straight center line, or nothing. But this one is neither. However, the green coloration around the rivets indicates copper/brass which is generally early TR, or maybe late Weimar? That said it doesn’t look like a fake.

As for the condition, other than the blade, it’s on the lower end of the scale. Which (IMO) makes something much harder to sell or trade when a better one comes along.

FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!  

Hello FP. So you think price is high for the condition of the bayo?

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Of course. All German collectibles are much more expensive. Recently i bought a US navy jumper with donald duck style hat. I got it for $30 + $30 shipping. If it was Kriegsmarine the price would be more than $1000
    Yes yes , isn't it a pitty. But i do have to admit that the German equipment is much more fascinating then U.S. or British. they sort of had a slightly more modern touch than the allies. Also there are less German original equipment left then other countries, mainly due to the destruction of much of the equipment post WWII, aswell as the destruction due to govt law changes, eg in Norway a couple of years back they melted german firearms due to their link to WWII, don't know if you;ve seen the article before, but the photos are heartbreaking, seeing Mg-42s, mp-40s, walthers, lugers etc being thrown on a pile to be melted down later.

Quote by Berthier92 View Post
    Yes yes , isn't it a pitty. But i do have to admit that the German equipment is much more fascinating then U.S. or British. they sort of had a slightly more modern touch than the allies. Also there are less German original equipment left then other countries, mainly due to the destruction of much of the equipment post WWII, aswell as the destruction due to govt law changes, eg in Norway a couple of years back they melted german firearms due to their link to WWII, don't know if you;ve seen the article before, but the photos are heartbreaking, seeing Mg-42s, mp-40s, walthers, lugers etc being thrown on a pile to be melted down later.
    You are absolutely right my friend

No the question is what to do with this set. FP has put me into thoughts about the frog. I don't think it's fake either, but i don't know it's exact production era.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast