Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!

Article about: by donkihotis7 Hello FP. So you think price is high for the condition of the bayo? Where I am on the West Coast of the U.S. it would not find too many willing to pay that kind of price for a

Default Re: regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hello FP. So you think price is high for the condition of the bayo?
    Where I am on the West Coast of the U.S. it would not find too many willing to pay that kind of price for a bayonet in that condition. Elsewhere - who knows? FP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!
    P
    Many

No the question is what to do with this set. FP has put me into thoughts about the frog. I don't think it's fake either, but i don't know it's exact production era.
    perhaps its a production in another country? some K-98s were produced in Mexico and Spain, and plenty of other countries, perhaps the frog is from another production line. Just taking a guess here.

Quote by Berthier92 View Post
    perhaps its a production in another country? some K-98s were produced in Mexico and Spain, and plenty of other countries, perhaps the frog is from another production line. Just taking a guess here.
    Hello Berthier. I knew that Germans were making bayos and exporting them in other countries like Spain (for mauser) but i didn't know that it was happening the other way round.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Hello Berthier. I knew that Germans were making bayos and exporting them in other countries like Spain (for mauser) but i didn't know that it was happening the other way round.
    It happened quite a lot in those days, an example would be the 20mm Oerlikon anti-aircraft cannon used by the U.S. and England, It originaly was produced in Switzerland, however, england signed a contract before the war allowing them to produce their own back in the UK. Many German G98s were sent to Mexico in 1909 during their civil war, the Mexicans valued them so highly that the new state signed for their own production of Mannlichers

?

The maker is Alex Coppel. 1944. Prices of these Vary depending on scarcity, just like aything else in this hobby. 140 euros is a little much for this particular maker, only because this year and maker are seen often. However, scarce/rare makers who only produced combat bayos for 1 or 2 years are very desirable and can cost up to $400 easily. So no, 140euro is not too much for certain k98 combat bayos, but for this maker/year it is a bit high IMO. If it was a Coppel double dated bayonet it would be easily worth 140 euro. Overall it is a good conditioned original bayonet/scab/frog with average wear to all the normal places. I wouldnt worry about the Frog, there are variations in stitching that were used. But who knows where it was made really I guess?
    Here are 2 frog variations from a couple of my bayos. One frog is a "supposed" Luftwaffe frog (short stitch). Notice the other one's stitch line goes all the way to the top, while the other is very short.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture regarding a K98 bayo with matching scabbard and frog!!!!  
    Last edited by Bill T; 04-03-2011 at 01:59 AM.

?

Is the handle wood or bake-lite?
    ~Dean

?

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Is the handle wood or bake-lite?
    ~Dean
    His are bakelite grips Dean. Those are my favorite colored bakelite grips compared to all the others.

?

Good bayonet.
    Price is OK.
    SteveR

Hi guys, just got back home from a short trip with family. Thanks for your comments/replies.
    bill i thought you were only expert on photos. Didn't know that bayos were your area too
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2