Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question

Article about: Good evening all, I wanted to share my very first decent bayonet; had it for some years now. A nice K98 dress bayonet made at the Robert Klaas factory in Solingen. Nickel blade is little ove

Default Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question

Good evening all,

I wanted to share my very first decent bayonet; had it for some years now.

A nice K98 dress bayonet made at the Robert Klaas factory in Solingen. Nickel blade is little over 25 cm (A touch under 10 inches), Although the blade is very good there is unfortunately some nickel loss around the pommel and guard. Scabbard is good, albeit missing much original paint. With my lack of knowledge at the time, I could have well purchased a repro but luckily the bayo itself appears original.

May I ask; Judging by the pics, are the leather frog and bayonet knot modern repros? I have never been able to tell and hope other members of this fine forum can clear it up for me

Best regards,
    Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question   Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question  

Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question   Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question  

Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question   Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Robert Klaas Solingen Dress bayonet question
    P
    Many

I think it's that the bayonet knot is original, personally like it.
    It has in it traces of aluminum dust?
    Black-light test?

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 03-19-2014 at 05:22 PM.

?

Nice, original and proper dress frog. Troddles are out of my range of experience, so can't help you there.

Jim

looks a nice dress set to me.

The frog looks like a good correct for the period example to me as well, as does the (NCO?) knot which is not for me an area of specialization. But I think that if Sleepwalker checks in he can confirm or otherwise ID it. All in all it looks like a nice rig. Best Regards, Fred

Unexpected but great news so far! I have always loved this piece so it's fantastic feedback!!

A big thanks and much appreciation to you all.

All original by me and nice rig KS98 dress frog and NCO knot nice KS98 also good set. timothy