Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

S 84/98 (third type) bayonet with Seitengewehrtasche : where have you been all my life...

Article about: Hello Gentlemen and fellow collectors, Today i do have something special for you, a true gem if i'm asked...no rare riveted example, no grey ghost, just a standard late war Seitengewehr (194

?

Awesome! Bravo and a great piece of history! Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S 84/98 (third type) bayonet with Seitengewehrtasche : where have you been all my life...
    P
    Many

A very interesting 1944 WKC bayonet and frog, and a good example of the effect of late war shortages of materials and shortened production processes.
    The war damage to the scabbard is rarely seen today and that plus the refurbished frog (again probably in 1944) makes this a very desirable combination. Thanks for showing it. I think we should migrate the thread to the K98 bayonet forum.

Hello,
    It's done....the thread is now in the "K98 bayonet" subforum, that should be renamed S.84/98 bayonet, IMO....
    Thanks for the kind comments Rossi and Anderson...glad you like it
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

It's artifacts like this that draw us into our fine hobby , a really fine example that is in extraordinary condition considering it's history , well done on your hunt
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

A very interesting example that's in remarkable condition considering all it has been through. Thank You. Best Regards, Fred.

?

Certainly nice latewar WKC piece, with shrapnel damage on scabbard, the frog was repaired question is that both parts bayonet and frog were woried together, as the bayonet looks untouched, any pictures of rifle slot backspine area and scabbard on mouth piece? b.r.Andy

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Certainly nice latewar WKC piece, with shrapnel damage on scabbard, the frog was repaired question is that both parts bayonet and frog were woried together, as the bayonet looks untouched, any pictures of rifle slot backspine area and scabbard on mouth piece? b.r.Andy
    Hello Gentlemen,

Andy : here are the photos that you requested....hope it's enough for you mate as my photo skills don't go any further...

The reconditioning of the frog must have worked like any reconditioning of other german equipment, once it's repaired the item goes back to the military depot (as it is obviously a factory repair) and is issued again...here with a brand new bayonet that has been slightly used before being hit by a schrapnel...i don't know if they're together since 1944, maybe, maybe not, but they're together since the end of the war in Europe and this is what matters to me. The set has NEVER been in a collection before my friend's.
    Thanks Alan and Fred
    Thanks

S 84/98 (third type) bayonet with Seitengewehrtasche : where have you been all my life...S 84/98 (third type) bayonet with Seitengewehrtasche : where have you been all my life...

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Thanks for additional pictures, the bayonet looks not used or only minor used as late 1944 production, about worieng in this frog is hard to say, but it could be paired since war as You mentioned.b.r.Andy

That's a great looking set. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    I love pieces that actually show some of their history.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2