Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Salty K98 bayo

Article about: Hello Gent's, i have not posted any thing in a while, so i dug out this salty and pepperd k98 bayo i picked up many years ago with some other items. the dress bayo came from the same lot. th

?

Default Salty K98 bayo

Hello Gent's,
    i have not posted any thing in a while, so i dug out this salty and pepperd k98 bayo i picked up many years ago with some other items. the dress bayo came from the same lot. the 98 has an almost minty blade, and parts of the hilt are still like new, and heavy pitting right next to it. it looks like it it was wet.
    Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Salty K98 bayo   Salty K98 bayo  

Salty K98 bayo   Salty K98 bayo  

Salty K98 bayo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Salty K98 bayo
    P
    Many

Default Re: Salty K98 bayo

Hi Andrew your K98 blade is in great shape and just recently a similiar thread of the same calibre showed the same saltiness on the outside. (heres the reference link)
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ayonet-195924/

Your K98 looks as though its seen quite few battles,, somewhat in a physical sense but it has the "Been there history to it" these can not be compared to other dress daggers or bayonets,, as this bayonet itself was used in a life or death account. Most likely the death of who he was fighting against. Do you have any info on its original whereabouts or trail of what campaign? Pretty cool thanks for posting this. Larry

?

Nice salty pieces, they display well in a kind of battlefield display setting

you can see the 98K has been in open air on the ground for a while, pitting and corrosion/rust on the contact zone with the ground.
    The grip took a lot of water, expanded when it got wet and scrunk again when it dried.
    What a great scabbard it has to prevent the rain and moisture to enter the blade!, it prevented it perfectly!

Cheers,
    Ger

Two nice bayonets ya got there. K98's look cool regardless of the condition.