Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?

Article about: Dear All, I came across the SG42 bayonet recently on the net, which is on sale for about 4k bucks. Please kindly please identify whether this item is real? Thanks in advance.

wei
    ?

Default Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?

Dear All,

I came across the SG42 bayonet recently on the net, which is on sale for about 4k bucks.

Please kindly please identify whether this item is real? Thanks in advance.

Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?Seitengewehr 42 Bayonet, Real or Fake?

2. # ADS

Hi Wei..welcome to the forum this is a Knife I have never sen yet has a "cof " bayonet marking which stands for Carl Eickhorn. k98 bayonets data and registry

It appears to be some type of fighting knife..but yet..I will leave it in this forum temporarily until the bayo gents can give more clearer answers on this. If deemed not a bayo I will move it back into the Main forum.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

SRB
    ?

It is very rare bayonet and was made on end of the war.
    SG42 was intended to replace SG84/98 as standard bayonet for K98 with a rather short blade(181mm )
    The ricasso was stamped with cof of Carl Eickhorn of Solingen (cof) and WaA519.

The Question is not what it is... the question was... is this a original one.

IMO: yes

SRB
    ?

---------- and u ar translator(Sleepwalker)?.... go to sleep---------------

if is 180mm,Weight (complete) 487 gram and have Carl Eickhorn of Solingen (cof) and WaA519. should be original.

- see here : German Bayonets used 1914-1945

awesome find

?

I handled and examined two of these over the years, yours looks legitimate from what I see in the photos.
    Regards,
    John

?

I have yet to see one in person. For 4K.. I can see that it would need the approval of an expert to make that purchase and feel comfortable that you have the Gem of German Bayonet collecting.
    Good luck.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Fai Fai Kam
    ?

What is your opinion about the Waa591 stamp?
    It seems too clear compare with other Google photo search results.

Greetings all,

Both of these bayonets currently being offered out of London as items 262138736096 & 262138731764 on a certain online auction website, look fine to me. The current reproductions I’m aware of have not replicated the fonts of the blades markings exactly. These both appear legitimate originals to me.

V/r Lance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast