Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Shortened 1918 Mauser Oberndorf "Butcher Blade" Bayonet???

Article about: Hello, Guys... After I couldn´t buy the SS dager I started searching for something else that I like and I ca buy (cheap)... And I found this bayonet. Please tell me, I have some doubts... is

?

What you show "was" a 98/05 butcher bayonet at one time. It was sold off to Turkey after WWI as surplus and they modified it to the bayonet you see now, by cutting it and the scabbard down. These pictures only show one side of the bayonet, if you could see the other side there would probably be a number and possibly some arabic letters. From the size of it, I would say the frog is for an Argentine machete.

$130 is a very high price for this in my opinion. It never hurts to ask for opinions, but it's generally better to ask before you buy and Cheaper! Most fellow collectors are happy to point you in the right direction.

Jim

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shortened 1918 Mauser Oberndorf "Butcher Blade" Bayonet???
    P
    Many

Ok, this is what I found and I think that´s all about it:

This bayonet and scabbard was modified by the Turks in the 1930's. The Germans supplied them with large numbers of bayonets during WW1 with the majority being ersatz types. The 98/05 bayonets[in both sawback and non-sawback] supplied to them were mostly [if not all] made by Mauser. Waffenfabrik Mauser did not make the 84/98 bayonet during WW1. Towards the end of the war, they concentrated more on the manufacture of firearms rather than edged weapons.

Thx a lot for everything, as ussual, guys!

Fernando/Argentina

U are totally right, Jim

Thx for that.

What I hv is an WWI germany bayonet, modified by the turkish army and it´s into an argentinian FAL´s frog.

A lot of nationalities in there, ugh?

It´s now what I expected, but... I hv already pay for it, so... I´ll learn to love it! what else can I do at this point?

Quote by Jim P View Post
    What you show "was" a 98/05 butcher bayonet at one time. It was sold off to Turkey after WWI as surplus and they modified it to the bayonet you see now, by cutting it and the scabbard down. These pictures only show one side of the bayonet, if you could see the other side there would probably be a number and possibly some arabic letters. From the size of it, I would say the frog is for an Argentine machete.

$130 is a very high price for this in my opinion. It never hurts to ask for opinions, but it's generally better to ask before you buy and Cheaper! Most fellow collectors are happy to point you in the right direction.

Jim
    +1 Covered it all not much I can add Lot of Turk reworks entered the surplus market in the 80's and 90;s. timothy

You could try selling it with an accurate description of what it actually is-people collect all sorts of different bayonets, not just WW2 Nazi German stuff.

Default New bayonet, new question!

Hello, guys

I already by the other bayonet, and now I MAY buy this one too... but 1st I need to be sure what kind of bayonet it`s...

What can u tell me about it? The seller says it`s a "swiss bayonet from 1920/30", but the seller should be the last guy we need to ask for it... so, here I`m, waiting for your help.

*by the way, IF the seller is correct, what`s the AVERAGE price for this piece?

Thx!

fernando/ Argentina
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Shortened 1918 Mauser Oberndorf "Butcher Blade" Bayonet???   Shortened 1918 Mauser Oberndorf "Butcher Blade" Bayonet???  

Shortened 1918 Mauser Oberndorf "Butcher Blade" Bayonet???   Shortened 1918 Mauser Oberndorf "Butcher Blade" Bayonet???  

Hello,

this is a german export S98/05 to the Osman empire in 1916-1918.

This bayonets were shorted in turkey since 1935 to the model 1935...
    The frog is turkey, too

You have a turky Modell 35 made out of a former S98/05

Regards

so... the same one I already bought! LOL

I didn`t see it...

Thx, mate!

?

Quote by fpalacio View Post
    so... the same one I already bought! LOL

I didn`t see it...

Thx, mate!
    Yes, the same modified bayonet. If you are really in need of a 98/05 " butcher blade" bayonet, with some patience you should be able to find one on ebay for around the same price you gave for the bayo that started this thread. If you like, I check ebay regularly, if I see something reasonable I can send you a pm.

Jim

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast