Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS bayonet

Article about: Hello ! one friend put this bayonet on a French forum...I never saw such piece, one other collegue have one like this, a third also..... Did you find such bayonets ? Cheers, Michel

Default SS bayonet

Hello ! one friend put this bayonet on a French forum...I never saw such piece, one other collegue have one like this, a third also.....

Did you find such bayonets ?

Cheers,

Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS bayonet
    P
    Many

I've never seen anything like that before...I advise caution, friend...
    Glenn

Not for me, I think that a triple dose of caution is my assessment. Best Regards, Fred

Bonjour Michel

One I would be very dubious... two make you wonder, three gives it more of a chance?

The stamping looks quite old?

What are the series of the other bayos?

Is Carfin still on this board?

These bayonets are in collections. Very curious, I never saw such items.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

It would be interesting to see if it was a batch or if there's any correlation between them?

?

Interesting that the rusting crossguard have so nice stamp, this is clear a problematic stamp. b.r.Andy

Not an SS sanctioned Bayonet as far as my data indicates..nor the use of SS Runes within a square box. Millions of Bayonets were produced..and it appears that this is the only one wit this marking.

1. Isolated authentic..or just a post war embellishment?
    2.Are the other comparable examples with the SS within the box?
    3. Is this a Liebstandarte or supposed example?
    4. or a personal application by the soldier who carried it.
    5. Postwar

It always seems that the K98 bayos..always get raped first with fake etches and whatever else one can add. These are just my thoughts..and I have seen junk in collections for years..and the denominator always was... "junk " .

Until more reference surfaces..this is one of these pieces that will never receive the praise it deserves and put on the shelf of the unknown and forgotten. Just my opinion..but worth a dig into the references we have within the forums many threads about the SS..and K98 References.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill