Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

"SS" K98 bayonet with frog and portepee?

Article about: Hello to you all Someone is selling this close to me, but... It doesn't look good to me. However i'm not an "expert", and would like some opinions... Thanks in advance!

?

Default "SS" K98 bayonet with frog and portepee?

Hello to you all

Someone is selling this, but... It doesn't look good to me.
    However i'm not an "expert", and would like some opinions...

Thanks in advance!
    "SS" K98 bayonet with frog and portepee?"SS" K98 bayonet with frog and portepee?"SS" K98 bayonet with frog and portepee?"SS" K98 bayonet with frog and portepee?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "SS" K98 bayonet with frog and portepee?
    P
    Many

So far what I'm seeing is a "humper" - a messed with period Wehrmacht issue frog also having the addition of fake "SS" markings. As for the bayonet etc. itself, from the images posted, who knows what it is? Best Regards, Fred

The bayonet has been messed with, too high of polish but could be the photos. The scabbard looks original but not enough pics to finalize either. Please provide pics of the markings on the bayonet and scabbard. The frog and portepee are fantasy items in my opinion.
    John

The frog may be period but the "gfg" stamp looks to me a recent addition. Why would a troddel be attached if it's even real? The bayonet itself is authentic though probably some re-bluing late war or post war has occurred. The asking price will be extreme no doubt,.. run.

A shame that people feel the need to embellish original items. They try so hard to bump up the price tag, and only end up making the item worthless. Idiots putting themselves out of pocket.

B.B.

The bayo would still be considered what the market value is ...unless it has an etched blade,which could change the value dramatically..either high or ruined below $100.

I agree also with Johns request of more photos of the whole blade front and back and any numerical markings.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well, i have to say that you all just confirmed what i thought, but i really wanted to make sure. Thank you all for your help!

In the meanwhile, i have been talking with the seller, and i found out that he just bought a collection of more than 50 bayonets and swords, from several periods and provenances (but he knows nothing about them, he deals in coins, and he bought the collection together with a huge lot of them) , and that there are some nice pieces there, including two parade bayonets and a sword (the one with the lion head and red eyes).
    He also has a K98 that i wasn´t able to identify. It bears the markings "waffen frankonia würzburg"...
    Last edited by RRSAND; 01-19-2018 at 04:18 PM.

?

It would be nice to known how is blade and scabbard marked, the last photo show probably wrong orientation of blade adding into scabbard.b.r.Andy