Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Stahlhelm Bayonet identity

Article about: Maybe a nice photograph for the interested dagger-"clan", as Larry C and Gerrit, from my Stahlhelm files: Franz Seldte, the Bundesführer from the Stahlhelm-organization, wearing (w

Default Stahlhelm Bayonet identity

Maybe a nice photograph for the interested dagger-"clan", as Larry C and Gerrit,
    from my Stahlhelm files:

Franz Seldte, the Bundesführer from the Stahlhelm-organization, wearing (with a
    seldom seen occasion) the SA-dagger with hanger.

Attachment 763116 Attachment 763117

The Stahlhelm person at right, seems to wear a bayonet with pommel.
    The wearing of a bayonet in this organization is even rarer, I think! In no
    regulation this was mentioned.

Attachment 763148
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stahlhelm Bayonet identity   Stahlhelm Bayonet identity  

Stahlhelm Bayonet identity  
    Last edited by Larry C; 11-10-2014 at 11:59 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm Bayonet identity
    P
    Many

Interesting and Great photo..thankyou Wim ...the snap clip is the non regulation type usually marked with criss crossing Xs on the back of the snap clip..these are common to see only as a personal repair..and are not regulated through the RZM...also interesting is from what I can see is the absence of the standard "D" Ring..but instead a circular ring for the snap clip to be attached too.

I would like to hear opinions from our Bayo guys about the Bayonet and know attached. Rare photo with rare replacement fittings. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I copied these posts to recruit the help of our esteemed bayonet gentlemen..for another esteemed member Wilhelm Saris....in order to identify the type bayonet used..and knot. These photos are of the early Vintage..and would appreciate any knowledge on the Bayonet photo. The SA photo I answered. Regards Larry

Link to the original thread Origins of the SA 3 pc Marching Hanger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

From what I can see, the bayonet is the short model ks98 and the portepee is for a senior NCO or officer ( dark strap,dark slide, and same colored stem and ball). Being a black and white photo, it is hard to tell if the stem and ball are white or grey, but I would lean towards white. That is my opinion, but maybe someone else will have some more insight.

Jim

Have to agree short KS98 model in dress frog with possible officers type of knot of some sort. timothy

Hallo,

yes a Extra-Seitengewehr in the form of the KS98 with a Portepee of the "old imperial Army".