Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Are these real frogs?

Article about: Hello forum, I own an 1943 made K98 Bayonett with scabbard, but i´m missing the frog. Noe there is someone selling K98 frogs, but i have no idea if they are period or reproductions. Do you t

Default Are these real frogs?

Hello forum,

I own an 1943 made K98 Bayonett with scabbard, but i´m missing the frog.
    Now there is someone selling K98 frogs, but i have no idea if they are period or reproductions.
    Do you think they are real? (I´m only talking about the first 3 from the left, as the 4th one does not seem german to me.)

Regards,
    Adravor

Are these real frogs?Are these real frogs?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these real frogs?
    P
    Many

I know at least one U.S. dealer who loves to use the term "real" when describing what he is selling. I personally do not like it because I think that it can be misleading preferring instead - TR period, legitimate, or some other descriptive language that cannot be misinterpreted. That said, I think the frogs posted are most probably not reproductions but are also not of period German manufacture and were intended for some other nation(s). Posted below is a circa 1943 German TR period correct frog for the S. 84/98 (aka K98) bayonet. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Are these real frogs?  

?

These are mostly a bulgarian frogs for M95, possible the nr2 is older one later reworked, the nr.4 is swedisch frog. b.r.Andy

?

Well Fred describe it as real is Always right isn't? LOL

doesnt say a thing about being a period one, no one can complain this way ......

Ger

Those three on the left do look like Bulgarian frogs. The main distinguishing feature being a slit in the leather to hook the scabbard catch into. These show signs of someone modifying the slit cut to a round hole in the German style.