Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Two german bayonets,vet buy,clean them?

Article about: Untouched bayonets from vets son I bought.The k98 combat has matching numbers and a frog.The dress bayonet is near mint,but the hilt/grip has toned with age.Should I polish the hilt or leave

Thanks guys I appreciate it!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two german bayonets,vet buy,clean them?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

I've always dreamed of finding just one Arrowhead. Your collection is fantastic
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Surprisingly, I have a couple too!!

The Indian that fired them halfway around the world must have been a powerful guy, that's fur shur!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Two german bayonets,vet buy,clean them?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by MAP View Post
    I've always dreamed of finding just one Arrowhead. Your collection is fantastic

Hi Michael...I have 5 of them from Eric....I will bring for you and your sons, my visit in November

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 10-27-2017 at 12:11 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Michael...I have 5 of them from Eric....I will bring you one up in November

Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry!! Hope I don't have to swap it for a dagger.... ....

Seriously. that is extremely generous!

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Eric was Generous...all I can do is pass it forward
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Map come out to Iowa this spring,when the creeks go down after a big rain its like new territory,these wash out of the ground,nothing like finding your own!The indians lived here for 15 thousand years before the white man came,thats why they can still be found,unimaginable how many are still in the ground.The "no till" practice has hurt the field searching,they used to plow deep,thats why the creeks are the best bet to find them today.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Map come out to Iowa this spring,when the creeks go down after a big rain its like new territory,these wash out of the ground,nothing like finding your own!The indians lived here for 15 thousand years before the white man came,thats why they can still be found,unimaginable how many are still in the ground.The "no till" practice has hurt the field searching,they used to plow deep,thats why the creeks are the best bet to find them today.
    Toecutter: You are quite lucky to be living in that region. We have a place in the mountains in upstate NY. I have searched for arrowheads for the 30 years it has been in our family but have never found any. But we do occasionally find fossils of sea shells and fern like leaves from the Devonian period (380mm years ago). So all is not lost.

Larry: Thanks for thinking of my boys! Again, that is extremely generous and greatly appreciated. While I only joined the forum for a short while before the passing of Eric, I know how much he meant to so many of the members here. I'm sure you know they are going to a good "new" home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2