Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Unmarked sawback police bayonet

Article about: My youngest son picked this up today at a local pawnshop for \\$20. It looks fine but has no markings anywhere. The three rivets in the handle are a bit strange but I think I recall a discussi

Not trying to stir the pot of doubt..but only stir up a discussion..... yet case in point..why I made the blade shoulder fit comment..in the photo below..those of the members here who collect the SA and SS daggers strive towards a tight and perfect fit . Certain specifications in measurement had to be met most widely seen in the early examples. So when we see a blade shoulder that does not conform to a lower guard..red flags are raised. ( see photo below )

Unmarked sawback police bayonet

My thoughts are the same as with all edged weapons which i may be wrong in this circumstance with this saw back posted above. I have seen HJ Knives with leather buffers and with no gapping on the ricasso to the grip fit. Again..just stirring up a discussion Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unmarked sawback police bayonet
    P
    Many

Larry
    It is interesting what you say and there is certainly a valid point made. I recall looking at an HJ with the leather buffer missing and a sizable gap being present. It was a good one so I do think this gap exists in some cases.

Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2