Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What frog is this?

Article about: Hello guys, I need some opinion. This is my mint bayo by Mundlos, it has interesting brown reverse leather frog that I havent seen before. There are no markings what I can see.

?

Default What frog is this?

Hello guys, I need some opinion.

This is my mint bayo by Mundlos, it has interesting brown reverse leather frog that I havent seen before.
    There are no markings what I can see.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What frog is this?
    P
    Many

?

Im sure that someone will prove me wrong, but to me, it looks like a Gew98 CAVALRY frog. Im saying this because of the stud fastening loop for the bayonet handle.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Hi Allan...Nice rig you have..but will have to wait for the bayo guys to chime in...I will keep your thread at the top until you get the exact answers you need . Be patient..they will be along shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

84/98?...

Hello,

this is a Seitengewehrtasche für das S84/98 mit Sicherungsriemen.

This frog is made later in the war and also used for matching captuerd bayontes. In the origin this frogs were mainly lacquer black... it is only brown while the paint is gone...

Since 1939 the hole Heer (only Heer...= Army) had to used frogs with security straps. This model was generally introduced in the Army.

Before 1939 this was mainly cavallery equipment, but also used by infantry units who were ordered to for experience.

Regrads

?

Thanks guys.

You have K98 combat bayonet frog, (In your chase the frog was added after the war.) which was probably made after 1940, according to steel rivets, and strap for the handle of a bayonet.
    Also you can seen on this bayonet frog is quite poor treatment of the produced skin, and is a good deal of time final paint, was simply peeled away.
    These kind of bayonet frog was used by all the of the army families in Wehrmacht.

Regards
    Vedran