Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WKC Dress Bayonet

Article about: recently picked up this WKC dress bayonet and thought it needed an upgrade, so, I bought a frog for it and it just came in today so here's some pics. opinions?

Default WKC Dress Bayonet

recently picked up this WKC dress bayonet and thought it needed an upgrade, so, I bought a frog for it and it just came in today so here's some pics. opinions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Dress Bayonet   WKC Dress Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC Dress Bayonet
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Sorry to say, but this is not the frog that you need with this kind of parade bayonet. The one you need is narrower and has a different treatment of the leather, which is often varnished. The frog shown here is for the S 84/98 bayonet, in theory for non mounted personel as it does not have a leather strap that retain the handle of the bayonet.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

thank you for the response. I bought with gift card so I'm not as bummed out, and I can put it on a different bayonet. I think it does give it some more character though. for future reference can you post pics of the frogs you are talking about, thanks!

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Sorry to say, but this is not the frog that you need with this kind of parade bayonet. The one you need is narrower and has a different treatment of the leather, which is often varnished. The frog shown here is for the S 84/98 bayonet, in theory for non mounted personel as it does not have a leather strap that retain the handle of the bayonet.
    Thanks
    Very correct you need a KS98 dress frog usually made from patent leather and slimmer than your s84/98 combat frog I have had many vetern purchases in this type frog but probably the vet didn't know and a frog was a frog to him. Nice s84/98 frog and would look good with one in it. timothy

yes it is a very nice frog and when it came in the mail today, I about went nuts when I discovered the owners name on it. I will post some pics of it!

Thread moved to K98 bayo forum.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

here is a pic of the name on the inside of the frog
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC Dress Bayonet  

Pretty early K98 bayonet frog, in very good condition.

Regards
    Vedran