Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WKC White gripped bayonet

Article about: sorry here is auction discription: Description: This was a Nazi issued bayonet for Nazi Police officers during WWII made by German Sword and cutlery makers Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co of

Default Re: WKC White gripped bayonet

sorry here is auction discription:
    Description: This was a Nazi issued bayonet for Nazi Police officers during WWII made by German Sword and cutlery makers Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Co of Sollingen with plated badge, stag horn grip and eagles head pommel, contained within a leather and plated mounted scabbard, length of blade 13″. The plated badge on the staghorn grip is the Nazi Crest with an eagle with wings out resting on a wreath with the swatstika in the center“. The quillon is stamped “SB9656″ which matches the numbers stamped on the reverse of the upper scabbard. The grip plates are a fine stag and they reflect being cut down styles, as this piece once had a clamshell resulting in a longer hilt. The stag grip plates, though, are exceptionally nice and the person that did the altering work cut out the areas for the rivets as well as for the insignia so that these parts would lay flat with the surfaces. The two rivets are aluminum type and they have dressed heads on both sides. The reverse area also has been countersunk.

The police eagle, because of the fine inlaying work, has all of its detail still available. This insignia is an open oval wreath of overlapping oak leaves having an open-winged eagle superimposed on it clutching a mobile swastika. All the details are available to the bird’s head, breast feathering, wings, wreath and swastika. The scabbard shell is a dark brown leather. The blade is a cut-down version measuring 13 inches. The obverse is stamped with the knight head logo. The reverse has the full name of the firm in block letters “WEYERSBERG, KIRSCHBAUM & COMPANY SOLINGEN.”

and photo
    WKC White gripped bayonetWKC White gripped bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WKC White gripped bayonet
    P
    Many

Though the best part of the description is:
    "This item comes with a free appraisal certificate valued at $5,000.00 and our price is $1,995.00."
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

yep i will sell it for 1500 :P.
    Now i wanna to know more about this weapon.

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    "This item comes with a free appraisal certificate valued at $5,000.00 and our price is $1,995.00."
    That realy made me laugh too! hahahahaha
    glad it comes with a certificate, then you know it most be true

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    The sad part is that people bite...

ok this is not about auction ;] could you tell me more

?

not sure what else you would like to know Luka. the unsloted police bayonet you show at the start of the thread has had a rough life, and has the grip plates replaced, so that effects the value. an unsloted police bayo. in good condition with matching numbers, on the high end run about 750.00 us dollars. the other estimate of 5k had to come from the bottom of a bottle of something really good. the knife in questions value i'll leave up to you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WKC White gripped bayonet   WKC White gripped bayonet  

WKC White gripped bayonet   WKC White gripped bayonet  

WKC White gripped bayonet  

?

Luka,

Like Andrew already stated: a good police bayonet with matching numbers will do between 550-750 dollars.
    That means in very good condition, just like the one of the auction with the pics you posted.
    I sold mine for 475- euro and it was a great one with matching numbers, now dealers will ask 30% plus

Cheers Ger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2