Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Woodwork find K98 bayonet with special frog ?

Article about: Thanks Andy,Would somebody really have gone to so much trouble for such a small return.I have had this since 1969,before todays silly prices. Alex

?

Default Re: Woodwork find K98 bayonet with special frog ?

Thanks Andy,Would somebody really have gone to so much trouble for such a small return.I have had this since 1969,before todays silly prices. Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Woodwork find K98 bayonet with special frog ?
    P
    Many

Quote by Alex S View Post
    Thanks Andy,Would somebody really have gone to so much trouble for such a small return.I have had this since 1969,before todays silly prices. Alex
    Alex, I'm in agreement with Andy. And as many who were fairly active "back in the day" know, there was a lot of experimenting by those who took advantage of the low prices (especially with the lesser quality items which were even lower) and had the time to put their "creative energies" to work. Hence for example, the many fake 'SS combat bayonets' and a large number of other fakes and alterations etc. etc., some of which even made it into some of the "reference" books. That said - my sense of this frog is that the Eickhorn logo might have been hand tooled instead of stamped. Best Regards to All, FP

?

Thanks FP, Whatever it is it made this young boy very happy on his birthday all those years ago. It was the start of a collecting habit that lasted until 10 years ago when all the fake stuff really ruined it for me. How strange it all started with a fake. Thanks for your input. Alex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2