Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?

Article about: Hi everyone, Im looking at purchasing a ground SS Rohm dagger which I really like but I have come across this one of a kind SS bayonet. I don't know heaps about bayonets so I am not to sure

Default Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?

Hi everyone,
    Im looking at purchasing a ground SS Rohm dagger which I really like but I have come across this
    "one of a kind" SS bayonet. I don't know heaps about bayonets so I am not to sure if I stumbled across a winner
    (probably not) but I just wanted to know if I should sick to plan A or is this bayonet a real find?
    Im pretty set on my ground Rohm but since we are talking about a few bucks and I cant afford both I just wanted to check.
    Thanks for your help.Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Which would be better? "one of a kind"? Or ground SS rohm?
    P
    Many

I would stick to that röhm dagger!
    Dont like this one!
    Spiced up to make extra bucks imo!

I agree with Ullergaard ..... these fancy engraved items are faked quite a lot.
    But even so be careful with the ROHM dagger as they are easily faked .... a perfectly good SA Dagger that’s had a grinder run up and down the blade then passed on as a ground ROHM.
    Make sure the dagger has the correct manufactured blade for a ROHM.

Good advice. Authentic KS98 bayonet, with post war etching embellishments. The pommel etching is a dreadful attempt to copy an actual design, and all the other SS related marks are fake as well. Including I would say on the frog (you could ask yourself why would the SS have RZM approved contract frogs for parade bayonets, as this is not a combat K98 frog). Don't get burnt on this one.
    If that came from a veteran, he must have been duped in the 1970's.

Thanks everyone, think I’ll stick to my Röhm.
    I’ll post it up here first though, nothing gets past you guys.
    Thanks again.

Please post any future Edged weapons in their correct sub forum.

I will move this thread to the K98 sub forum.

I would encourage you to post photos of the SS Rohm before you purchase.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

And actually that pommel is engraved, the authentic ones, and there's not many, were always etched.

A postwar fake I may have some pictures of it and another virtually identical example from another forum quite a while back. What was interesting to me at the time was the use of something like a sharpened screwdriver blades and/or chisels to create the fake "accountability number" and "Sigrunen. Not that it has bearing on it being a fake, it was just something that at the time I had not seen before. Best Regards, Fred

?

Same opinion like FP, i am not expert to comment a engraving on pommel, anyway the scabbard is mostly WKC production, so not correct on Eickhorn dress piece, and when serialed to same SS number, so problem here. The leather stamps look too crisp for me as believe is 84years old and woried on uniform. b.r.Andy