Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW II German dress dagger

Article about: Hey. I inherited this bayonet, and wanted to know if there were some who could tell me anything about it, and possibly. verify that it is genuine? The story in the family said that bayonet w

teep1979
    ?

Default WW II German dress dagger

Hey.
    I inherited this bayonet, and wanted to know if there were some who could tell me anything about it, and possibly. verify that it is genuine?
    The story in the family said that bayonet was stolen from a Wehrmacht vehicle in North Jutland, my grandfather and his friend who were youngsters at the time.
    Thanks in advance.
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW II German dress dagger   WW II German dress dagger  

WW II German dress dagger   WW II German dress dagger  

2. # ADS

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    It appears to be a good original Eickhorn produced dress or parade bayonet. Although I am not qualified to comment on the etch, I believe you will find out that it is original. I like the quality of the etch and there are others here who will be able to tell you for sure whether it is or not. There are also other members who will be able to tell you more about the infantry regiment on the etch. You also have an original dress, or parade frog attached to it.
    Congratulations on inheriting a very nice example that many people pay good money for!
    It will not make you rich, but it is worth some money. As I do not search out these, I am unable to give you a value.
    Ralph.
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-18-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

teep1979
    ?

Thx for the reply Ralph.

I hope others will reply as well, with some more information.

I am currently not thinking of selling, as it is a heirloom.

Thomas

?

Would need better, highly detailed pictures to be 100%, but I like what I see. Etch No. 3220. Rare etch on a rare style of ks98.

Jim