Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1-WW2 German trench knife?

Article about: I am not to sure if this is a REAL ww1-ww2 trench/boot knife. So I come here to get some help! The marking is quite warn off but it seems to have said "Gottlieb Hammesfahr Solingenfoche

Default Re: WW1-WW2 German trench knife?

Likewise. I didn't pay much for it at all. So I am not worried on the money! Just curious.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1-WW2 German trench knife?
    P
    Many

A late comment on a dead thread, but worthwhile raising the red flag again. This is another of the "Gottieb Hammesfahr, Solingen Foche" fakes, (or reproductions if we are being polite). This one, as others out there has been aged to try and make it look 100 years old. They are on sale in unaged condition at various knife and sword retailers.
    I found one today at "Kult of Athena" as "German trench knife" on sale at $59.95. Maker is said to be Universal Swords, but could be sourced from Deepeeka or Windlass in India.

Dead threads are never too late to reply to which always adds authenticity and truth.

Well done Anderson ..... Nice to see these old threads bumped to the top

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Years ago I remember walking past tables where they had batches of the thread starter knives on display. Still fairly fresh from wherever they were imported you could smell whatever it was they used to tan the leather from 20 (plus) feet away. Best Regards, Fred

IMO a aged Fake, both... the scabbard and the dagger. Take a look of originals for a comparison.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2