Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Bayonet

Article about: Hey guys I’ve started to show my beginning collecting stuff as I do regret buying them as they where bad purchases so let me know your opinions from the good, bad, and completely ugly lol. S

Default WW2 Bayonet

Hey guys I’ve started to show my beginning collecting stuff as I do regret buying them as they where bad purchases so let me know your opinions from the good, bad, and completely ugly lol. So I’m either putting these away so no one else gets burned or if they are decent I’ll keep them out to display thank you guys for your opinions as always and I do apologize for the rather under performing pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Bayonet   WW2 Bayonet  

WW2 Bayonet   WW2 Bayonet  

WW2 Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Bayonet
    P
    Many

Firstly the photos are not sharp enough to see key details. But looking at the pommel it appears to have a WaA mark. Can you see the number?
    But there is no maker's mark on the ricasso (any marks on the scabbard?), but a serial number "15506" which is not by the maker. So what you appear to have is an export S84/98 for the Portugal market, the black bakelite grips plus scabbard lug without cross marks suggest made for the 1941 contract. Probably made by E u F Horster.
    So if you are putting together a German Third Reich miltaria display, this bayonet might be one to cull out.

I think this is a "Tr" marking - the same as the one at the link.

k98 bayonets data and registry

I'm not sure this marking has been positively identified.

The question has been asked before

K98 "Tr." markings on blade?

k98 bayonet markings - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Bayonet  

That's a very interesting thread Richie. But even more interesting is it appears this bayonet has no maker marks, no "crs" mark for Paul Weyersburg. Unless it's there but not visible in the photo.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    That's a very interesting thread Richie. But even more interesting is it appears this bayonet has no maker marks, no "crs" mark for Paul Weyersburg. Unless it's there but not visible in the photo.
    An intriguing marking - perhaps the truth is out there somewhere !

Hey guys I’m really sorry about the quality of the photo is there certain areas on the bayonet I should focus on. And Richie those where very interesting reading about the Tr.

I also have another one Iam going to post today from my irresponsible beginning days of collecting but it is stamped hh

I also noticed that on someone else’s bayonet that was a tr they had a number on the reverse side mine has nothing what so ever, so maybe this is just a bad reproduction??? More to add the the fireplace lol?

A relatively scarce period original (OEM) bayonet, the markings and the longer than normal on many serial numbers are still something of a mystery. What was also interesting on one was a very Germanic looking frog that did not have rivets or the holes for them. Weyersberg in the same general time seeming to have its own set of rules for markings for both its Wehrmacht and German Police (and other?) contracts. Best Regards, Fred

?

Nice special range Tr mostl real 41crs piece, should be WaA883 proofed. Its serialed to scabbard? b.r.Andy