Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A WWII sawbacked Bayonet, a reworked WWI Sawbacked Bayonet, or a fantasy piece?

Article about: Greetings all, I took a chance on purchasing an “oddball” bayonet I saw for sale today; it is an ASW marked matching set (Both Blade & Scabbard have 3706j stamped upon them along with 42

Hi, This is a ks98 type batonet not a "butcher" style bayonet, being the butchers were about twice as big with a different blade shape altogether. WW1 re worked, but I guess, and it makes good sense, reworked post WW2.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A WWII sawbacked Bayonet, a reworked WWI Sawbacked Bayonet, or a fantasy piece?
    P
    Many

?

As mentioned by others no real piece, its visible on blade finish as there is no origin blueing.b.r.Andy

Sad to see this happen to history....and only benefits what little money it brings to the thief who maimed it
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default It's not a complete trainwreck I learned something & there's a money back guarantee;-)

The upside is I will receive a refund, and I'm only out my postage costs', which frankly, I'm OK with (costs of learning eh?). Thank you, for everyone's time, thoughts, and expertise.

V/r Lance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2