MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions

Article about: Hello fellow collectors. I was wondering if you dagger and Luft experts might give me your opinions on this dagger that I am considering for purchase. This is the only pic for now. I've neve

I asked about that as well and she said it was from her brother trying to sell the items before be passed. Who knows. This knife is part of a bigger collection that I'm considering purchasing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions
    P
    Many

Who's it made by then? I ask because the later aluminium pommel used a different thread to the early so I would guess you have a late blade in here too.
    If it is an early blade the pommels been pushed over the threads and stuck on.

Great question! I will inspect everything in person this weekend before I make a purchase. I will check maker and pommel. Thanks!

at $200 buy it .

Unfortunately, this dagger was not quite as great as I'd hoped. Turned out the pommel was glued on the top and the scabbard was rewrapped.

Did you purchase this dagger..since November?.....sorry to hear the pommel was glued. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Yeah it was part of a larger collection I purchased of german medals, buckles and flags. This dagger was in rough shape anyway but I could probably triple my investment on the other stuff. I really hate to see a dagger that's been glued (poorly) and rewrapped.

Hey delta, ummmm I had a feeling somebody had stuck it on. However at $200 I wouldn't worry to much, you could easily trade the parts on for that.
    Have you got any more pictures of it since buying it? perhaps be nice to see if you don't mind.
    regards matty

Sure thing. Here are some better pics.

1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions

I got the Luft dagger with this stuff and spent $600 US on the lot. A couple of the buckles and medals were repro/fantasy but 90% of it was good. Not bad for a day's work.

1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions1st Model Luftwaffe Dagger - Requesting Opinions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast