Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st Model w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction

Article about: Guys, thought you'd like to have a look. Hal

Hal
    ?

Default 1st Model w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction

Guys, thought you'd like to have a look. Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1st Model  w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction   1st Model  w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction  

1st Model  w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction   1st Model  w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction  

1st Model  w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction   1st Model  w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction  

A long time ago in a land far,far away....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Model  w/ Damascus pattern blade @ auction
    P
    Many

Hal, It looks nice, but . Best Regards, Fred

Hal
    ?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Hal, It looks nice, but . Best Regards, Fred
    H Fred, the dagger sold at auction this afternoon for $800. Maybe it was bought just for the fittings...???

?

Whoever bought it is an idiot.

?

So where is this auction taking place?

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    So where is this auction taking place?

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Same question here...as well as the SS Honor Dagger and Chicken Wire Camo. Are they all at the same auction house?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Fake damascus as well? Weird "checkerboard" repetitious pattern doesn't make much sense... although I'm not the world's leading authority on Damascus blades, I'm familiar with the process and have a few, and the pattern are random, the waves go together but they do no repeat and repeat like using the "aliasing" tool in Photoshop.

Quote by Hal View Post
    H Fred, the dagger sold at auction this afternoon for $800. Maybe it was bought just for the fittings...???
    Hello Hal, It could have been for the parts to use for another dagger. Or for resale like some more or less comparable examples of daggers I've seen sent to places where English is not the dominant language. Or maybe they just liked it as it looks now, and either don't know or care. Who knows? Best Regards, Fred

The Helmuth Arpke Dagger appears in Tom Wittmanns Luftwaffe Reference and would be a worth see to compare the 2 daggers..if it isnt the same one !
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hal
    ?

My apologies for not getting to your questions sooner. The auction was held at Briggs in Garnet Valley, PA. Thanks everyone for your comments. Hal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast