Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Luftwaffe Daggers.

Article about: Im worried about these 2 Daggers I got in a trade. There are a few things that dont check out with me. I think some parts are fake. They are both marked Alcoso. Could these be parts daggers?

?

Default 2 Luftwaffe Daggers.

Im worried about these 2 Daggers I got in a trade. There are a few things that dont check out with me. I think some parts are fake. They are both marked Alcoso. Could these be parts daggers? Please tell me what you think. Thanks, Lee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Luftwaffe Daggers.   2 Luftwaffe Daggers.  

2 Luftwaffe Daggers.   2 Luftwaffe Daggers.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2 Luftwaffe Daggers.
    P
    Many

Default Re: 2 Luftwaffe Daggers.

Hi Lee, I would share your concerns.

The hangers look OK.

But the daggers have issues: I don't like the etched blade. The eagle is very ugly.

The "dots" which form the stippled pattern to the scabbards should be random in appearance and not form any kind of pattern. These appear to look like they run in half moon or fan shapes, (second dagger) which is not a good sign.

Perhaps others would like to comment on the cross guard eagle on the second dagger. But I think it might be bad.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Ade. Was hoping you would show. I traded the watch and case to my wifes uncle for these daggers who insisted on having them even though you said they were bad so theres no loss on these. I had drill this weekend so was unable to inspect them right away but upon returning I didnt like what I found. Anyway I was hoping some of the parts could be salvaged if not all were fake i.e. the hanger, maybe the handles and blades if real and so on. If you like I can post more pics of each taken apart? Regards, Lee

Hi Lee, the hangers alone would be worth about £100/$150. If you can show a pic of the back of these that would be good. So you are in pocket already.

I know daggers are a pain to photograph: natural daylight is best. No rush, as I am going offline soon.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade! I will post more pics tommarow and would be gratefull if you stopped by again to take a look. Lee

I will, no problem

I am sure others will comment too.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The "dots" which form the stippled pattern to the scabbards should be random in appearance and not form any kind of pattern. These appear to look like they run in half moon or fan shapes, (second dagger) which is not a good sign.
    I'm with Ade not sure I buy the scabbards either. Especially the second one. Look at the loops. For one, they look to be off-sheen from the rest of the scabbard?... Perhaps just paranoia, it could be the photography, but it looks wrong. Also, take a closer look. I don't like this inconsistency with the oak leaves.

Compare them with period examples:
    New Page 2
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Luftwaffe Daggers.  

?

Yes I noticed that. If you look at the first scabbard the first set of oakleaves are upside down! I compared with my other dagger in my collection and the inconsistencies with the oakleaves is a good point. I guess we can rule the scabbards out! Regards, Lee

?

Here is the first one broken down. I dont like the pointy end of the tang. The pommel feels too heavy and the peice between the handle and guard is plastic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Luftwaffe Daggers.   2 Luftwaffe Daggers.  

?

Here is the second one. The pommel is in poorer quality and very light. Sorry I waisted your time with these but I may have answered my own questions with these. The scabbards are indeed bad quality with the oakleaves and one doesnt have the screws on the sides. I guess Im going to keep the hanger for a future dagger and sell these as repros. Thanks for the additional eyes guys. Regards, Lee

2 Luftwaffe Daggers.  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast