Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Luft Herder

Article about: Have a chance at this one. IS it all correct and matching? I found others and seems the fitting match but the scabbard looks plated and fittings grey paint? Not sure, thanks for any help.

Default 2nd Luft Herder

Have a chance at this one. IS it all correct and matching? I found others and seems the fitting match but the scabbard looks plated and fittings grey paint? Not sure, thanks for any help.

2nd Luft Herder2nd Luft Herder2nd Luft Herder

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Luft Herder
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice early piece, been cleaned up some and you need more pics of the blade and other side of scabbard and hilt but shows exceptional hand work! Nice! Best, Kevin.

agree,a nice dagger indeed.

2nd Luft Herder2nd Luft HerderAttachment 9610492nd Luft Herder

By cleaning does that mean the scabbard? Does the spotty scab take away from the value?

Thanks Kelly

Kelly, Yes the scabbard looks cleaned up as it would have taken on a darker patina since it looks like a silver plated example. The rust/corrosion spots do devalue the dagger some but not terribly as this one has a lot of nice features in the hilt fittings.. Kevin.

Thanks, other side of blade is similar I'm told, no pic of it yet and have asked for it.

The finish, is it a combo of painted grey with plated scabbard?

?

The fittings, pommel, cross guard and scabbard bands are not painted they are aluminium which is what they should be.

I have it in hand now and I really like it. The blade is very nice. Grip color is nice orange.

2 concerns:

When looking at the front, the ferrel is turned to the right and the pommel is turned to the left. It is all very tight, but could it be a mess under that grip?
    Scabbard is only snug fit the last 2 inches to the cross guard the rest is sloppy.

2nd Luft Herder2nd Luft Herder

I guess no big deal about it then?
    Thanks

Patience Will its the holiday weekend here Memorial Day. Alot of people and doin the BBQ thing..with friends and family.

This may have been opened at one time..as is those other dagger types we study too.
    I would be extra careful in tightening it though..as the Celluloid grip may crack. You may want to check to see how loose it is..but gently.

wait for other opinions also. It may be the wrong scabbard if its very tight going in. Check the scabbard throat screw which may be in a little too far..touching the side of the blade those last few inches in.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast