hal&wim very very very nice pieces!!

thanks for showing

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model Luft- Holler
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2nd Model Luft- Holler

i agree with ewan , these are superb examples , and wim , lovely to see the gilt still heavy on the swaz ,
    cheers al

?

i was just looking and seen your orange handle holler as i have its twin in the sale part! very nice dagger....

?

d
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Model Luft- Holler  

Hal
    ?

Quote by pammy View Post
    i was just looking and seen your orange handle holler as i have its twin in the sale part! very nice dagger....
    Hi Pammy, A great looking 'Holler', and good luck with your sale. Best, Hal

Wim Regarding gthe exposed grip hole How common is this. Is it by just certain makers or certain dagger. Would appreciate the education. Jon

Hi Jon,

There could be others than Höller. Wittmann's book on page 204 shows an Arthur Evertz (brother in law of Paul Seilheimer) with an exposed grip wire hole. In the past some collectors thought that these exposed holes were an indication of fakes but that's not true. Mauby it was more depending of the worker who placed the gripwire...

Regards, Wim

That had been my concern with the quality they required. I had passed on some daggers with this feature. Thanks for info.

?

My Alcoso has the exposed wire-hole on the grip as well. I never really noticed it to be out of the ordinary until you mentioned it. By the way.....I love the hangers!

Hal, You actually have the least "typical" Holler of the bunch. Your scabbard and pommel are pure WKC,the others and mine are generic scabbard and Pommel with the acorns of the pommel facing the same direction versus opposite (WKC trait). Holler typical scabbard setup is with single rear throat screw,yours is pure WKC with single side screw (they were the only producer to do that) Don't worry though, very nice dagger all the same. The dagger makers would use other producers parts quite often in a pinch in different levels of assembly (Like WKC scabbard and bands like yours but with Holler single rear screw) or like yours! The presence of the totally WKC pommel supports the theory that Holler just bought some WKC parts in a pinch. Just puttin this out for those interested, NICE Hollers all, Congrats! Kevin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2