Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Model Luft Marking

Article about: Hi Everyone, I am interested in this dagger, but am a bit concerned about the marking on the blade. I am confident on the authenticity of the dagger but I don't know what to make of this mar

Default 2nd Model Luft Marking

Hi Everyone,

I am interested in this dagger, but am a bit concerned about the marking on the blade. I am confident on the authenticity of the dagger but I don't know what to make of this marking. In the item description the dealer says it looks like some sort of key. I'm thinking an acceptance stamp maybe. I am concerned that perhaps someone ground out the makers mark and this shape is all that remains.

Some help from you dagger experts out there would be much appreciated!
    Thanks for your time,
    -Jake

2nd Model Luft Marking

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model Luft Marking
    P
    Many

Hi Jake..a brain teaser for the Luft guys..which i will move it over to that forum..you should get a quick answer also from the Heer collectors also. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry,
    Let's hope one of the luft experts out there can identify this.

?

Well quicker is to ask a better picture of the dealer.
    So far ive been trying to identify it but imo its not a maker mark.
    Maybe it could be a distributer mark.
    The crossgrain is great on boths sides of the marking so im pretty sure its not been polished off, otherwise the grain would be gone too.

Regards,
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well quicker is to ask a better picture of the dealer.
    So far ive been trying to identify it but imo its not a maker mark.
    Maybe it could be a distributer mark.
    The crossgrain is great on boths sides of the marking so im pretty sure its not been polished off, otherwise the grain would be gone too.

Regards,
    Ger
    Thanks Ger,
    Good to know that the blade has not been tampered with. I'll request some better pictures. I'll get back to you once I have received them.

I need to Solicit some help on the identity of this partial logo on this Luftwaffe blade...as these blades were both used for Heer and Luftwaffe daggers. I will leave this thread here for a few days..and then move it back to the Luftwaffe sub-forum. I know the Heer gents have sharp eyes..as far what this mystery remnant of a logo is. Regards Larry

Remind me to move it back if I forget Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

If JR does not know what the mark is, I give up already!

I would recognize his photography anywhere

2nd Model Luft Marking

?

That is a better picture of the marking, and indeed its JR's dagger
    I missed his flag...

?

I have never seen this mark befor eighter. I'm pretty sure it's no makers mark.

Danny

Ok so now back to the Luft Guys..and Heer guys also welcome.....what producers fittings do they look like?..and maybe might lead us to what the logo may look like.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast