Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Model Luft - SMF

Article about: After putting away my 2nd model Kriegs, I decided to pull out my 1st and 2nd model Luft dagger. Here is the 2nd model. Made by SMF. Some finger prints on the blade but otherwise in really ni

MAP
    ?

Default 2nd Model Luft - SMF

After putting away my 2nd model Kriegs, I decided to pull out my 1st and 2nd model Luft dagger.

Here is the 2nd model.

Made by SMF.

Some finger prints on the blade but otherwise in really nice shape. Still has almost all of the gold gilding on the pommel. One small crack in the handle and some wear on the eagle. Scabbard is in great shape and appears untouched.

Enjoy,

Michael

2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF2nd Model Luft - SMF
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model Luft - SMF
    P
    Many

Love those SMFs..the guilding process on the pommel swaz is outstanding . IMO these near to full pumpkin gripped Lufts with a Full guilding has to be a great representative piece of an Officer of the Luftwaffe. I always loved these. Very Nice..thanks for showing. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Thanks Larry!

I'm happy with it. Too bad the lighting wasn't good for better pictures of the blade.

Will admit though that I'm not real good on daggers and not to familiar with the makers.

I'll try to post my 1st model tomorrow.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

That's a textbook SMF all the way! This certainly is one of my favourite makers of the 2nd model luftwaffe dagger. I love the eagle design and the guilding of the pommel is great. Certainly SMF had the best guilding proces of all makers.

Danny

MAP
    ?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    That's a textbook SMF all the way! This certainly is one of my favourite makers of the 2nd model luftwaffe dagger. I love the eagle design and the guilding of the pommel is great. Certainly SMF had the best guilding proces of all makers.

Danny
    Thanks Danny,

Although i have a handful of daggers, I'm a novice so hearing this from you and Larry is greatly appreciated.

Too bad these are tucked away in the back of a dark cabinet. One day I really need to get around to displaying them correctly.

Regards

Michael

correct SMF, nice gilting too..congrats, Kevin.

?

Thx for showing this nice SMF with it LW acceptance stamp Michael.
    Your good photo gives us some nice references pics of a textbook SMF 2nd pattern,
    Thx for showing,
    Ger

MAP
    ?

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Thx for showing this nice SMF with it LW acceptance stamp Michael.
    Your good photo gives us some nice references pics of a textbook SMF 2nd pattern,
    Thx for showing,
    Ger
    thank you for the kind words Ger. I think your being generous by calling them "good" pictures. But I did the best I could with what I had.

One day instead of spending all my money on these items, I need to buy a decent camera and lighting set up!