Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso

Article about: great dagger,dreadful what happened to the company founder.

?

Default 2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso

I haven't posted many luftwaffe daggers lately so I thought it would be nice to start the new year with a nice 2nd model luftwaffe dagger by Alcoso. It has all the characteristics you want to see on an Alcoso luftwaffe dagger, like the somewhat rounded scabbard, the aluminum scabbard bands and the two flat sidescrews. Ofcoarse the crossguard eagle is typical for Alcoso and with the SMF and Eickhorn eagles one of the most beautiful types IMO. It still has all the factory burnishing present. The blade is fantastic with 100% crossgrain. Enjoy the pictures.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso   2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso  

2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso   2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso
    P
    Many

Wow incredible danny. I like the double makers mark, how rare is that on its own.
    I love alcoso pieces anyway, definitely one of the best makers out there.
    Those who don't know what ALCOSO meant it is the first two letters of his name ALex COppel SOlingen
    Saddens me what happened to him and his family.
    Thanks for posting matty

>_< WOW2!! Minty Mint!!..right down to the tip

The grip gives the appearance of almost a glass type grip which im sure its not..but from the photos..it gives off a beautiful sheen. Perfect scabbard finish. Would you have an SMF with full swaz gilting to share..in the same state of preservation and condition? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

That is a lovely rig Danny!

and knowing my feeling towards 2nd pattern Lufts, realy means a lot! LOL
    Realy superb cross grain on the blade!
    Thx for posting.
    Ger

?

Danny I don't know much about these daggers but it looks really nice & some good photos too..so thanks for showing Cheers Terry.

Thank's for showing this stunning dagger. It is a wonderful item with tag and all.
    Wolfgang

really amazing piece...yes Mattty i think that Alex Coppel was an artist of metal ...but ha had the terrible"fault" to be jewish..in the worse moment and in the worse place...

Quote by lucabrnroma View Post
    really amazing piece...yes Mattty i think that Alex Coppel was an artist of metal ...but ha had the terrible"fault" to be jewish..in the worse moment and in the worse place...
    Indeed, but when you can produce art like this, wouldn't you have thought they'd have given him the benefit of the doubt!
    Im not too sure exactly where he died, I know he was in Theresienstadt (terezin) concentration camp which was linked directly by railroad to Treblinka.
    I think it was 1943, so no alcoso piece should 'in theory' date after 1942 when they were captured.
    Best matty

i 've read somewere that the farm was "arianized" after the deportation of alexander and anna...and the mark changed from ACS to AWS...but they lost most of their contracts and production falled

Very sad to read. Even sadder they were apparently very nice people. Very wealthy too from what ive read, built a school to educate the poor, gave an awful lot of money to charity too.
    Alcoso has a substantial historical story, and worth studying on its own imo. In fact they deserve there own thread.
    Thankyou for posting the dagger danny, always great to see alcoso daggers anyway, but yours is in wonderful condition.
    regards matty

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast