Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso

Article about: great dagger,dreadful what happened to the company founder.

great dagger,dreadful what happened to the company founder.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso
    P
    Many

?

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Alcoso certainly is one of my favourite producers of german daggers. You can find some nice navy daggers by this maker here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ection-342128/

For those who don't know the story of the Alcoso firm. Here's a little introduction into the company's history. The company owner, Alexander Coppel was born in 1865 in Solingen. After his education as a lawyer, he entered into the large family business in 1896. The company produced steel and cutlery of all kinds.
    On the 100th Anniversary of its founding in 1921, the company donated two million mark (!) for social purposes. A tremendous amount of money in those days.
    Despite their contributions to the city of Solingen, the company was "arisiert" in 1936. Alexander Coppel died in 1942 in the Theresienstadt Ghetto.

Danny

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    >_< WOW2!! Minty Mint!!..right down to the tip

The grip gives the appearance of almost a glass type grip which im sure its not..but from the photos..it gives off a beautiful sheen. Perfect scabbard finish. Would you have an SMF with full swaz gilting to share..in the same state of preservation and condition? Regards Larry
    Larry, as you requested here are a few pictures of both daggers togehter. Interesting to see the difference in crossguards and scabbard bands. Also interesting is the fact that both makers used aluminum scabbard bands. You are right about the grip. It's not a glass grip but it certainly looks like glass. I have many 2nd model luftwaffe daggers in my collection but none with a grip like this. It's even more beautiful when you have it in your hands. I love it.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso   2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso  

2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso   2nd model luftwaffe by Alcoso  

Hi Danny, your Alcoso dagger is very nice and in untouched MINT condition! I like it, orange grip of yours dagger is the first think what you will see - it is awesome! I also like trademark on blade, which is not seen too often on this daggers, but especially on army daggers. You have lovely dagger, which I can admire during the cold winter evenings

Thanks for showing it to us.

Regards Peter

Super condition Luft by one of my favorite makers! Something about an Alcoso Luft, very delicate dagger with a slender guard and the rounded scabbard..very dark burnishing in general applied at the factory, sometimes removed during the period or by the collectors who "love em shiney" ARRGGG.. anyways congrats on a super Luft! Kevin.

How much more Mint can you get with the Tag still hanging on it? A Superb Lufty set! If you are looking for just One representative dagger from each branch of service, this Luft is about the best a person could hope for! Looks like it just came out of the factory and is ready to be issued!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The Pommel Gilt is amazing...both daggers together are quite stunning!! I also like the injected company history into the thread....which brings the dagger and producers identity closer to the collector reading this thread. Great Info Gents!! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I've always thought the fate of the Coppel family to be a terrible and ironic tragedy and their story spotlighted the lessons from WWII. That a philanthropist like Alexander could be so well thought of by the community that he was so benevolent to and yet still they ended up destroyed by the very country to which they had served so true...it just boggles the mind. Here you had a prominent Jewish family making daggers for the Nazis and still it was not enough for them to leave them alone. So many Jewish citizens turned a blind eye to the horrors that were occurring daily around them-convincing themselves that yes, it was terrible, but it could never happen to Them. That if they just could show the Nazis that they were good and useful people that then they would be allowed to go unmolested and continue on with their lives-that all would eventually pass and life would be okey again "soon". That Certainly people would see what was going on and make it stop!....but it never did. Not until May 7,1945. Not until the country literally lay in smoking ruins and foreign troops prowled throughout the land and countless millions were dead, gone and missing-never to be seen again. When the entire country lost Everything....Götterdämmerung. Then it stopped. But, at that point, for so many, it did not really matter anymore...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2