Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Article about: Hello all, Haven't posted or bought anything in a while. I was contacted recently by a buy trying to sell a second model luftwaffe dagger with DRGM hangers. The hangers appear to be plain lu

?

Default 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Hello all,

Haven't posted or bought anything in a while. I was contacted recently by a buy trying to sell a second model luftwaffe dagger with DRGM hangers. The hangers appear to be plain luftwaffe hangers. The dagger looks right to me. The blade has pitting and is unmarked. Any idea based on the eagle and pommel which maker this dagger came from? Also, does anyone see any red flags that I may be missing? Ive been looking to add one of these daggers to my collection ever since I started collecting, but as always, I want to make a wise decision. Thanks for the help!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger   2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger  

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger   2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger  

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Doug!...nice salty Luft dagger..totally uncleaned. I see this one has no makers logo on the blade. You may want to leave the whole dagger alone in the condition it is in except the blade....you might want to clean it up a little..to bring out a little lustre. wait for others opinions before doing so. Nice find
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry! I was hoping you would be online today. . I appreciate the input! I had the exact same idea on giving the blade a little TLC, just to prevent it from deteriorating even more.

It looks like an unmarked, late WKC, second Model Luftwaffe dagger.
    Although these type of dagger grip - i always avoid.
    Wire around the dagger grip, should look different, and have a different end in the pommel/ ferrule.
    Also on the dagger are visible a smaller traces of cleaning.
    (Any daggers cleaning, diminish his value.)

Regards
    Vedran

?

Are you saying the handle is not correct for the dagger?

I'm used to these types of dagger grip in late WKC 2. Luftwaffe daggers:

2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe Dagger

Regards
    Vedran

?

Hmm, I do see the difference. Possibly a different maker? Or variation?

I dont see it being an issue with this dagger having the twisted wire variety..as it may of well been assembled that way..since there is no maker on the blade......EX:.. Klass has been known to use WKC fittings.....some 2nd Luftwaffe daggers run a close 2nd place in intermarriage of parts..compared to Heer daggers.

There is rust on the blade which i would clean off...or the dagger will surely depreciate. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry, how would I best go about cleaning the blade? I know not to use any harsh chemicals or scrubbers, and to use the ren wax after. But what about in between?

?

For the raised areas of corrosion or spidering, you can use a leaded pencil and gently rub over the affected area. It will not damage the blade and will lift anything you can feel with a fingernail. Wipe clean with a damp cloth or acetone but make sure the blade is completely dry before using renwax.

Try it on a small non visible area under the cross-guard first, if you want to test the method.
    Nice dagger!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast