Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger

Article about: Hi Guys I would like opinions on this dagger. if it's real and everything is ok! Thank you very much

Dok
    ?

Default 2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger

Hi Guys
    I would like opinions on this dagger. if it's real and everything is ok!
    Thank you very much
    2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

?

Would it be possible for a pic of the reverse and top of the handguard. And I cant make out the makers mark from your photos. any chance of that one? It looks like Holler but not sure.
    If it is Holler,Looking at another example online it seems as if your blade is in backwards. The makers mark should be on the backside of the dagger.
    I like what I see ,but I am not an expert and would wait for further comments
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 12-22-2018 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Add a comment

Dok
    ?

It's Hоller.2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger

?

There is one for sale on Mr. Wittmans site that you can look at and compare. The only thing I see different is the scabbard. These are pic's from Mr. Wittmans site of a Holler for sale at this time. That one has a scabbard with 2 screws holding the throat in. Your scabbard does not have those screws. That would make me wait for a more experienced LW dagger expert. Here are the pic's from his site and you can see the scabbard and also that the blade in your dagger is backwards.
    2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger2nd Model Luftwaffe dagger

Semper Fi
    Phil

Dok
    ?

Blade rearranging is not difficult. But the scabbard is different in fastening. On my one screw.

?

And that is why someone more experienced in Lufty Daggers needs to chime in. It may be one that was used by that manufacturer. Or they may have used generic parts or its a mismatch. That is a question that an expert will need to answer.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello IMO it's a good item. Compare to this example posted by Nick. As per germandaggers.com Holler had three different blade logos over their wartime years of production, I think it's reasonable to assume they also used different fittings and scabbard types as well. But good eye Phil on pointing it out. Best regards.

Brian

2nd model Luftwaffe dagger with potepee and hangers by FW Holler

?

There's nothing wrong with the dagger. Original.

Hi Dok,
    I am not an expert by any measure but I think your dagger is fine, the pommel and crossguard are by WKC and these were used by Holler on their luft 2nd pattern and they also used generic scabbards which is what I think you have with the single reverse screw. In Wittmann's Luftwaffe dagger book he shows a Holler second pattern on page 211 and this has WKC hilt fittings and a generic scabbard with a single reverse mounted flush screw, white grip with the springy aluminium wire binding all like yours.
    Regards and Happy new year, Andy.

Dok
    ?

Thanks for answers! So I can be congratulated with a good purchase.
    Happy New Year to all!