Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen

Article about: Good afternoon everyone. Like an opinion from you about this sword. 2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen Is it real? Original? Thank you very much.

A little more research turns up that the motto: In dankbarer Anerkung...."In grateful recognition...and on the back:... Der Oberbehfelshaber der Luftwaffe...."The Commander and Chief..Hermann Goring.
    This sword and the signature was a presentation. Not the actual sword of Herman Goring but as a gift of recognition to the Deserving Generals. On this particular sword the later smooth tail Eickhorn logo was used.

I agree and disagree with the motto being soley black..as there are sword panels that appear to be black....but reaaly a dirty dark blue upon close inspection. There are good examples that are a deep blue...unlike the sword in the first post almost appearing as aqua. The blue panel borders in Dropes photos are poorly done..and very sloppy...compared to straight as razor borders on authentic swords.

These general swords reproduced are dime a dozen and only worth the materials put into them. One must remember..the quality of Eickhorn..and these are Generals swords..not Late RZM SA daggers...being pushed out in production numbers.

By the use of the late Eickhorn logo...one must consider the end times of the Alcoso family..as the company was Aryanized..and I am not sure any contracts for general swords were awarded to this company. Any thoughts on the Alcoso firm making these? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd Model Luftwaffe General's Degen
    P
    Many

?

Hello Matty

These items are from a gentleman I met in Germany.
    He sent me the pictures.
    Although not real , seem to be of great quality.
    I hope some original being.
    I'll post others that I found very beautiful for you to look and tell me what you think.
    I do not know the price.
    I am setting aside a few pieces for asking prices.
    Once I have this information, I transmit to you.

Hug.

Lol.......Hug? ....uhmm Matty?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Im afraid our suspicions have been confirmed guys. Carl Eickhorn was the exclusive maker of the Luftwaffe general swords.

Drope, Id strongly advise removing the german guy (if theres such person) from your contact list.

Thankyou for offering to post other things from this guy. As much as we'd all love to see them we never will.... sadly we hear the same line time and time again.

best matty

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Lol.......Hug? ....uhmm Matty?
    Ps. forgot to say im alright for a Hug thanks Larry, good of you to offer though.

?

Hello Matty.

Então o German is a factory for fake?
    Thanks for the advice. : )

He sent me photos of many items. Tens.
    Today , with the help of all , I get to discover many discrepancies, but I'm still having doubts in some medals, posters, gorget, documents, and especially daggers.
    I wish I could put them to learn more.

Heard a lot about fakes in Austria also.
    Is it true?

Regards

Im not sure I understand you drope, I think its translation.

Have you any pictures of the other items preferably daggers in this section if ok. lets not worry about Austria for the time being.

cheers matty

?

Probably Matty.
    Sorry.
    My English is really bad. : (

I said I have learned much here.
    My eye is more open.
    I want to post more items to learn how more about daggers, posters, medals, documents ...
    Sure, every item in your area in the forum.

OK this time?

Sorry again and thanks for the help.

Drope you are more than welcome to post what you have..the Luft Sword was quite challenging Regards Larry

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Drope you are more than welcome to post what you have..the Luft Sword was quite challenging Regards Larry
    Agree a dam good replica. That's why Id be so interested to know what else drope have been offered so at least we all will be aware what is out there. As I say, I have a gut feeling we would have already seen these 'additional photo's' if they were coming but I will give the OP the benefit of the doubt.....for the time being anyway.

best matty

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast