Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2nd model Lutwaffe??

Article about: Hi, I am a complete novice regarding this, my dad showed me a German dagger that had been handed down to him, after a little google research I believe it is a second model Luftwaffe dagger?!

Default 2nd model Lutwaffe??

Hi,

I am a complete novice regarding this, my dad showed me a German dagger that had been handed down to him, after a little google research I believe it is a second model Luftwaffe dagger?! I am a keen historian, but have no knowledge regarding how much items such as the dagger in my possession will go for, so I was wondering if I was to post a few pictures of it, if anyone could give me any rough estimation on how much the dagger is worth? Also it is a little rusty, so I wondered if it was worth having it restored or whether that would remove the patterning on the handle and scabbard?

Thanks in advance, Dan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd model Lutwaffe??
    P
    Many

Hi Dan welcome to the forum. Leave it as is, cleaning will devalue it.

By all means post some pictures, im sure somebody will have a rough idea of price.

Have you checked any dealers sites like wittman, Johnson, or lakeside militaria for rough ideas of values?

regards matty

2nd model Lutwaffe??2nd model Lutwaffe??2nd model Lutwaffe??2nd model Lutwaffe??2nd model Lutwaffe??2nd model Lutwaffe??

These are the photos I have taken, thanks for you help. I will check those sites out now thanks again!

Dan.

Well... That's more than a little rusty. It is a second pattern Luftwaffe dagger, but in this condition it is edging on a level of uncollectibility.

Hello and welcome to the forum Dan!
    I can't help with a value but, at this stage of the game a little cleaning and rust removal can't hurt the value.
    JMHO,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

In this condition I think Ralph is right Dan. Maybe look into having it refurblished?

Does it have any meaning to you or your father?

cheers matty

Yeah my dad mentioned he was thinking about having it refurbished, and no it has no significant meaning to either of us.

thanks, dan

Quote by danhicken1 View Post
    Yeah my dad mentioned he was thinking about having it refurbished, and no it has no significant meaning to either of us.

thanks, dan
    Hello Dan,
    Make sure that you either know or trust whomever you take it to for work. There will always be people who feel that they can do anything even if they can not.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

okay thanks for your advice Ralph.

Dan.

?

If your aim is to sell it, I think professional restoration might not be a particularly viable option; it may sell for less than it cost to restore.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast