Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

2nd patt luft dagger wire query

Article about: Hi chaps!! Sorry for the rubbish pictures but my camera is not very good. I have owned this dagger for about 3 years and bought it from a dealer that I trust. When it arrived, I immediately

Default Re: 2nd patt luft dagger wire query

Hello Andy, I just came across this old post and noticed you have a Tiger Luft 2nd that is like mine and had not recieved proper information on it. You are correct to say you have not found other Luft daggers with this grip wire type because this is the ONLY maker to use this style!! I was suprised to see yours has a white grip as this wire style is only used on the very earliest examples by Tiger! Is the grip solid trolon? or is it wood or plaster cored? Like to see more pics of the fittings and scabbard as they were early types too typicly. Very unique and rare configuration. Holler back and lats see more of that one and If you like I can show my example..Kevin.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd patt luft dagger wire query
    P
    Many

?

Hi Kevin. Great to hear from you and would very much like to see pictures if your dagger. My grip has a wooden core. I am away from home at the minute but will post more pictures if it when I get home. I have been looking for years and not even seen a picture of a dagger with similar wire. Please post pics!

Cheers
    Andy

2nd patt luft dagger wire query2nd patt luft dagger wire query2nd patt luft dagger wire queryAndy, Here is my dagger, I have been looking for one for the longest time, I have only seen a couple over many years of intensive dagger research and just bought mine. It is in transit to my home as we speak so I only have pics provided by the seller! It is my belief that these are the INITIAL produced piece by Tiger and that this configuration was only used briefly at first. I think these Early Tigers have a tapered tang blade like the initial production Heer daggers, but I have yet to find out until I receive mine. Not easy to see in these pics but it does have the twisted center pair of wires and a single fine strand on either side if the twisted pair. This "Large Tiger" maker Mark is the initial MM used on Tiger Luft 2nds also(as I have never seen a Luft 2nd with the Tiger across the blade MM as used on early Luft 1st and INITIAL Heers)..does yours have it? Here are the pictures I have:

Hi Kevin thank you for posting this rare variant and your added information. it makes a big difference in this hobby as sometimes old information never seems to stay at the top in collecting. Thanks for bringing this back up..good to see you here. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great bit of info there Kevin i did not know this info about this maker once again this forum keeps us all up to date ,
    thanks for the lesson, cheers Ronnie
    (guess what maker of lufty dagger i will be looking for now )

?

Hi Kevin. That's a lovely Lufty. I'm so pleased to see another. I am on holiday but will post detailed pics of mine when I get back. I think mine has the small tiger logo.
    Cheers
    Andy

?

Quote by sscrooge View Post
    I wonder how many different wires they used rgds Dave

Maybe someone should start a new thread and we could list them...Well here is mine,i am not sure if its 2 or 3 wires...manufactured by Arthur Schuttlehoffer Solingen which (I have been told) is well known for generic parts. So i have to assume my wiring is very common...it is very hard to photograph the wires.

Hello all and thanks for comments!

Kgrunt, Like the maker of your Luftwaffe 2nd, a less seen one! The wire type you have is the more common "Springy" wire as they call it. The Initial production Tigers had a different type where there is a central winded two strands and this is between two single straight strands like alot of Luft first models are. I will put a close up here when mine arrives, I have found one more pic that is a bit better. Tiger only used this wire config initially and then went on to more common types as far as my experience has shown. This is why it is nice to have posts like this so others with Tiger Luft 2nd's can bring them out and we can learn!! So please, if you have Tiger examples to show, especially with this config., lets see them! Kevin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd patt luft dagger wire query  

?

I look forward to seeing it...

?

Hi Chaps,
    I'm back from holiday and have taken a few more snaps of my dagger. It's a Tiger and the handle has a wooden core.

Cheers

Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd patt luft dagger wire query   2nd patt luft dagger wire query  

2nd patt luft dagger wire query   2nd patt luft dagger wire query  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast