Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

2nd patt luft dagger wire query

Article about: Hi chaps!! Sorry for the rubbish pictures but my camera is not very good. I have owned this dagger for about 3 years and bought it from a dealer that I trust. When it arrived, I immediately

Default Re: 2nd patt luft dagger wire query

Andy, That is a very unique Tiger! The hilt fittings appear to be Eickhorn made pieces. The scabbard is a earlier Pack variety that was used by many makers. That wood core grip places the dagger in war times, 39' to 41' perhaps, that fits the small Tiger MM. Very cool dag! Here is a grip close up on mine. The wire seems finer (thin that is) than yours. Kevin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd patt luft dagger wire query  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 2nd patt luft dagger wire query
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 2nd patt luft dagger wire query

Quote by heers68 View Post
    Andy, That is a very unique Tiger! The hilt fittings appear to be Eickhorn made pieces. The scabbard is a earlier Pack variety that was used by many makers. That wood core grip places the dagger in war times, 39' to 41' perhaps, that fits the small Tiger MM. Very cool dag! Here is a grip close up on mine. The wire seems finer (thin that is) than yours. Kevin.
    Hi Kevin,
    That's a lot of great info mate. I see that your wire is either finer or more tightly wrapped than mine. When I bought this dagger, I had questioned the wire with the dealer and he was going to take it back in exchange for one with regular wire. Luckily, I took a chance on it simply because I liked the look of it. It would be great to see photos of any other dagger with this configuration. To date, I have only seen mine and yours!!! Thanks Kevin.

Cheers
    Andy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3